Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hawaii's Hospital Crisis!

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
    Update: Rep. Karl Rhoads contacted me today. Director of Regional Executive Office, Lyn Kenton wrote a letter saying I can continue to go to Kaiser. In the first place, I should have not been asked to leave.
    Good foa you and Rep. Rhodes for being so persistent! Kaiser in kinda big financial trouble right now and they trying to reorganize (I tink das one of da reasons why Janet Liang was hired as da new head of Kaiser Permanente Hawai'i). They can't afford to lose any patients, whether it's QUEST or regular Kaiser.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
      (I tink das one of da reasons why Janet Liang was hired as da new head of Kaiser Permanente Hawai'i).
      More guessing. If you have no clue, why gossip?

I'll leave the bad attempt at pidgin alone...

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe View Post
        More guessing. If you have no clue, why gossip?

I'll leave the bad attempt at pidgin alone...
        Not guessing, Joe. It's a fact. They've been going through a restructuring since late last year and just this past June announced a whole new slate of senior execs. They and all of the KP network are having serious problems implementing their Epic electronic medical records system, partly because they tried to take an off the shelf app and customize it. One of the main problems is their network (which includes divisions in California, Oregon, Hawai'i, Colorado, Texas and Maryland), is not integrated system-wide. In California, a patient who has a chart base in Southern California will have difficulty getting treatment at Kaiser in Northern California, even if it's supposed to all be one system.

I do have faith in Janet Liang, though. When I worked with her, she was very smart, energetic and knew how to get things done.

Miulang
        Last edited by Miulang; July 30, 2007, 05:51 PM.
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
          Update: Rep. Karl Rhoads contacted me today. Director of Regional Executive Office, Lyn Kenton wrote a letter saying I can continue to go to Kaiser. In the first place, I should have not been asked to leave.
          Great news for you (since I assume that you really wanted to stick with Kaiser). I've noticed that some Medicaid patients have been asked to leave Kaiser and others haven't. Not sure of the rhyme or reason to the requests.
          Kudos to Karl Rhoads!

Comment

Working...
          X