Is there a Doctor in the House? Medical Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is there a Doctor in the House? Medical Questions

Manoa...I understand your desire to discuss this subject with someone who's been thru it. In addition to that you can contact the Hawaii Bone Marrow Transplant Center. Knowledge is a wonderful thing.

Comment

Thanks for the link tutu...
      Marrow or PBSC procurement: $29,800 - 50,000
      hope this buggahs covered by insurance!

Yes... I truly would like personal testimonials from anyone that may have gone through this procedure.... TIA

Comment

Well Manoa,

I don't know what you're suffering from but I do know a HERBAL treatment that always make me feel sooo good.

<lol, j/j settle down, gets a whack, whack, from Auntie Pupule>

Byeee...

KaYa T.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Got2HaVKaYaNoW View Post
          Well Manoa,

I don't know what you're suffering from but I do know a HERBAL treatment that always make me feel sooo good.

<lol, j/j settle down, gets a whack, whack, from Auntie Pupule>

Byeee...

KaYa T.
          Seriously Kaya - I may have to donate bone marrow to my mom. I'm not suffering from anything except from some anxiety about this.

Comment

If you're a match, donating either stem cells or bone marrow to help your mom survive her cancer is probably the best gift you could give her.

Where will this transplant take place? At Straub, or is she coming up to Fred Hutchinson or going to Stanford?

While I have never been a marrow donor, from the writeup from the Mayo Clinic, it sounds like the worse that can happen to a marrow donor is that s/he will feel some back pain and be a little tired for about a month...small price to pay if it means your Mom might go into remission again. If you're just donating the stem cells, it would mean harvesting like you would if you were donating blood, except they also inject you with something to help stimulate the production of stem cells in your blood before harvesting.

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
              Seriously Kaya - I.
              Sorry, Boss~ lemme know if you need help wit' anything, or need help looking for donors and stuff Hope mom gets well soon.

Best Wishes,

KaYa T.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X