Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hawaii = Longer Life Span

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
    ...or you could just go back home for the simple joy of knowing that Joe will be upset that you came back to disrupt his private paradise. At least you would be returning home - I would be an invader.
    Typical mainland attitude.

Whatever tickles your pickle boy... Hawaii ain't my private paradise. I'm keiki o ka aina with roots that go back to before the monarchy, and I've done my part both personally and professionally to make Oahu livable for current generations and generations to come.

You don't know me. Don't try to think you do, even for a second.

For the sake of future generations, I hope there is no flood of baby boomers coming here to retire, although it already looks like that's the case.

Rich, snobby haoles with money to burn and time on their hands. Just look at the Waikiki neighborhood board, or the folks snapping up all those grossly overpriced condos along Ala Moana Blvd. Or just look at what Kailua has become.

Retire on the mainland. Consider it doing your part in saving the islands for future generations.
    Last edited by Palolo Joe; September 14, 2006, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Uh, who said anything about retiring? How anyone can live in Hawai'i and be retired is beyond me, unless they have uka pila money. Maybe I'll work 2 jobs, just like everybody else!

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
        Uh, who said anything about retiring? How anyone can live in Hawai'i and be retired is beyond me, unless they have uka pila money. Maybe I'll work 2 jobs, just like everybody else!

Miulang
        Hmm.... I know plenty of retirees that live in Hawai'i and don't have uka pila money. Of course, most of them live on the Big Island in Hilo, Puna, and Ka'u.
        Ā Ē Ī Ō Ū ā ē ī ō ū -- Just a little something to "cut and paste."

Comment

Working...
        X