I stepped on a bee today...OUCH!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I stepped on a bee today...OUCH!

Ok... so manoa posts his first bee sting story.

I was about 5 years old at a place called Teddy Bear Cove.... those in the Northwest that were hippies at the time might know of the place.
    Mom took me there as it was a clothing optional beach

Of course my mom stripped me down to nothing and let me run around with all the other kids down there.... Soon enough... we were out in the woods exploring...
    So a group of about 5 young kids all running around in the woods ages about 5 - 10... Came across a bees nest....and being the stupid kids we were...thought it would be cool to knock it down...

Well we accomplished our goals only to the horror of being chased by bees all the way back to the beach bringing bees all the way with us...Everyone on the beach jumped in the water....etc... it was a nightmare for a few minutes!

I must have gotten stung 4 - 5 times.... and all I remember saying was...."mom the bees BIT me!" and crying my head off....

(thank god they never bit me where they could have being that I was unclothed at the time)

Comment

At least we don't have problems like they do in Alabama with yellow jackets. Yet.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza View Post
        Aaaaah!

I swear to God, I felt that!

So you were that bee
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I remember one time when I was at softball practice, and I thought someone was playing with my hair. As I went to feel my head and swat whoever's hand away, the little buggah put his okole stinger into my finger! Ouch

Still, cannot beat that "bee in the panty story." Thats a winner.

I had a relative who got stung by a bee (by her leg) while she was driving her car....I would totally freak out if that happened to me.

One time, there was a flying cockroach in the car, and good thing I wasn't driving cause I was screaming my head off. It was a big one, too. Good thing there was a place to pull the car over and we weren't on the freeway or anything...That could've caused an accident.

Anybody else have car/insect related stories?

Comment

Originally posted by Senora View Post
            IStill, cannot beat that "bee in the panty story." Thats a winner.
            It was a wasp. And if I think real hard I can STILL feel it, almost fifty years later.

I got a baking soda poultice on my ass-cheek as a reward. I remember it as soothing and cool.

Life continued...

Comment

Originally posted by Senora View Post
              [...]Anybody else have car/insect related stories?
              Oh yah!

Comment

Reviewing this thread, I think PZarquon takes the cake in the "I'm glad that didn't happen to ME" contest.

The bee in the panties one was great too.
                http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Oh my, some scary bee story you guys share. I know for sure I'll be checking all my underwear from the clothes line BEFORE putting them on from now on. The worst bee incident happened to me at about 12 yrs old. I left a half full RC can on the back of a truck and after returning from body surfing a few waves went to finish it and...........OWWW, right on the lower lip!! The darn bee crawed up outta the can and stung me, leaving me with a rather large cho cho lip (or should it "bee" just cho-lip, cause it was just one lip, lol).

Comment

well, not a bee but a lizard, and not today but in my early 20s. I was making my lunch sandwich for work and I noticed a lizard on the floor. He stopped in his tracks as if wondering which direction to turn. All of a sudden he starts skirting my way so I jump about a foot back to avoid him. SPLAT! He decided to cut right and ended up beneath my left foot. Needless to say I started screaming so loudly my father came to see what was happening. I refused to look down at my foot, I could feel the ooze so knew the head was probably angled up, etc. My poor dad had to get kleenex and not only wipe the mess from my foot, he even washed my foot with soapy water. How's that for fatherly love?!!

Comment

Originally posted by nfl4evah View Post
                      well, not a bee but a lizard, and not today but in my early 20s. I was making my lunch sandwich for work and I noticed a lizard on the floor. He stopped in his tracks as if wondering which direction to turn. All of a sudden he starts skirting my way so I jump about a foot back to avoid him. SPLAT! He decided to cut right and ended up beneath my left foot. Needless to say I started screaming so loudly my father came to see what was happening. I refused to look down at my foot, I could feel the ooze so knew the head was probably angled up, etc. My poor dad had to get kleenex and not only wipe the mess from my foot, he even washed my foot with soapy water. How's that for fatherly love?!!
                      OMG!!! Thats too funny....I'm still laughing out loud.....That was nice of your Dad to help you clean it off though.....

Comment

a few yrs ago, my hubby (deathly allergic to any bees or wasps) & i were picking blackberries.as i reached in and opened a bush wide,i saw an ice cream wrapper tossed inside,as i was saying can u believe the littering? a huge buzzing cloud flew straight into my face,mouth & nose..OMG!! wasps everywhere.i got the giggles cause it was so unreal..and george of course was throwing everything AT MY HEAD while screaming worse than me.the swelling went down a cple of days later.we still laugh when we eat blackberries..i know, we're dorks!!

Comment

Originally posted by makepagirl View Post
                          a few yrs ago, my hubby (deathly allergic to any bees or wasps) & i were picking blackberries.as i reached in and opened a bush wide,i saw an ice cream wrapper tossed inside,as i was saying can u believe the littering? a huge buzzing cloud flew straight into my face,mouth & nose..OMG!! wasps everywhere.i got the giggles cause it was so unreal..and george of course was throwing everything AT MY HEAD while screaming worse than me.the swelling went down a cple of days later.we still laugh when we eat blackberries..i know, we're dorks!!
                          Man, I would be traumatized for life from that.
                          http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                          Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                          Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Working...
                          X