X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FDA may approve milk from clones

Originally posted by MadAzza View Post
    I thought I was toned down. Huh.

So does the ignorance that triggers it. I'm not saying that to attack you personally, Sinjin. At work, I receive form letters that certain individuals copy from anti-GMO Web sites. I also receive mass mailings from people who run the sites. Many of these letters display a shocking lack of critical thinking (a subject that absolutely should be taught in our schools). It's irritating.

And the ignorance is voluntary. The facts are out there, yet people allow themselves to be led around by organizations whose agenda appears to be to bring down the U.S. agricultural industry, take scientific knowledge back to the Dark Ages, destroy the environment and keep starving people in Third World countries hungry for the forseeable future.

I don't expect most people to have an extensive knowledge of genetics, biology and other sciences. I just wish they wouldn't swallow the Flat Earth Society's snake oil quite so readily. It's not just irritating -- it's downright dangerous when advances in science that make pesticides unnecessary and make it easier for people in other countries, not just this one, to grow food — gifts that could be shared with the world — are being held back and even painted as evil by singleminded doomsayers who, I suspect, have stock in companies that make pesticides.

I have a very long day working tomorrow and probably Saturday, so I might not be able to post for a couple of days, but I will try to at least check in and read this thread. Please don't think I'm ignoring you or being rude if you post something and I don't reply right away. I haven't had much time for HT lately but I'm poking my head in every now and then.
    Thank you Maddie, that was thoughtful and measured. I simply do not know much about the issue as I am relatively unconcerned. I will attempt some research on the subject to avoid misspeaking further. To be honest, living in Los Angeles as a smoker, red meat eater etc., etc., makes this sort of thing academic.
    “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
    http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Working...
    X