Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the most painful (physically) thing you have gone through?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's the most painful (physically) thing you have gone through?

Being in labor for four days with my first daughter, getting induced and the pit made a four hour contraction, then going in for the emergency c-section and the epidural didn't fully work so I felt the knife but couldn't move. They gave me more of the epidural and then it all kicked in and I got blocked up to my nose...stopped breathing three times and my heart stopped twice.

Then 12 years later watching that daughter go through a two part brain surgery for epilepsy and having to stay awake for 8 days straight.

Oh...and birthing the second daughter sans drugs (didn't want to play they dying game again)....10lbs 4 oz 22.5 inches 14 inch head with accompanying 4th degree tears.

Comment

DOUBLE DING...DING...DING

We have a tie between Peshkwe and Ms_Aloha_Nui!

Damn...the 2 of you have taken birthing to a whole, new level.

Comment

I'm beginning to think this thread should have included the phrase "other than childbirth" in the title; I don't know that any of us would be able to top all those charming (urgh!) stories.

"Weaker sex," my ass...Thanks to all the moms.

Comment

The ladies got us beat with the childbirth stuff, but here' a another "guy" pain experience I had once.

I hitched a ride with a buddy to get fuel for our jet ski, holding a 5-gallon plastic gas can in my lap (the car was packed with crap in it and there was no other room). The can didn't have the nozzle inner cap (we lost it). Well, he hit a bump in the road and at least a half-pint of gas came spouting out the top and dripped straight on my lap, quickly making its way to my scrotum.

I tell you, your nutsack is like a SPONGE. It totally absorbed the gasoline, making it feel like someone rubbed Vicks vapor rub all over my b@lls, making for a 100% penetrating, freezing-burn sensation. I couldn't make the pain go away, no matter how much I tried to wash it off with soap in the shower back at the club. The "spilled-gas-on-the-nuts" icy-hot, burning pain lasted at least one whole hour.

Fellahz, DO NOT let gasoline accidentally spill on your b@lls!
          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            I'm beginning to think this thread should have included the phrase "other than childbirth" in the title; I don't know that any of us would be able to top all those charming (urgh!) stories.

"Weaker sex," my ass...Thanks to all the moms.
            Howzabout after then...the whole nursing thing with weeks of cracked and bleeding nipples and later teething babies trying out the new choppers?

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
              The ladies got us beat with the childbirth stuff, but here' a another "guy" pain experience I had once.

I hitched a ride with a buddy to get fuel for our jet ski, holding a 5-gallon plastic gas can in my lap (the car was packed with crap in it and there was no other room). The can didn't have the nozzle inner cap (we lost it). Well, he hit a bump in the road and at least a half-pint of gas came spouting out the top and dripped straight on my lap, quickly making its way to my scrotum.

I tell you, your nutsack is like a SPONGE. It totally absorbed the gasoline, making it feel like someone rubbed Vicks vapor rub all over my b@lls, making for a 100% penetrating, freezing-burn sensation. I couldn't make the pain go away, no matter how much I tried to wash it off with soap in the shower back at the club. The "spilled-gas-on-the-nuts" icy-hot, burning pain lasted at least one whole hour.

Fellahz, DO NOT let gasoline accidentally spill on your b@lls!

I hear ya there, I got nailed in the eyes with naptha apthalete(sp?) umm..airplane paint remover. Hit me in the face and all down the front to include the pants...ODU's and cotton undies just wicked that stuff into areas a girl just don't want it...yeowch!!

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
                Howzabout after then...the whole nursing thing with weeks of cracked and bleeding nipples and later teething babies trying out the new choppers?
                Kid 1: 20 months
                Kid 2: 33 months

One bite each. No cracks, no bleeding, no formula, no pumping. Ha: my body was theirs for all that time, so very little "me" time.
                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Chicks that use too much teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by PoiBoy View Post
                    Chicks that use too much teeth.
                    Good contribution to the "men's most painful experiences" side of this story. lol

Add that to my "gasoline-soaked testicles", Leo's kidney stones, prostate cancer, and the more common "nutcracker" experiences and we just might beat the ladies crowning childbirth award.
                    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I had ACL surgery and I like how they tell you to let them know when you start to feel pain so they will give you medicine. By that time it's too late cause the medicine doesn't work right away. I forget what medicine it was but a side effect was that you may end up constipated. After a couple days I stopped the medicine because using the bathroom was almost as painful. It felt like I was shitting small rocks. I decided the dull pain in my leg was easier to deal with.

I had a friend who's mom when to go shi-shi after cutting up some Hawaiian chili peppers. Let me tell you she should have made sure she washed her hands good after that. She sat in a tub full of water for a while after that as her private parts were on fire.
                      just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

Originally posted by jkpescador View Post
                        I had a friend who's mom when to go shi-shi after cutting up some Hawaiian chili peppers. Let me tell you she should have made sure she washed her hands good after that. She sat in a tub full of water for a while after that as her private parts were on fire.

Too funny ~ I can visualize it.heheheh

Pua ting.

Auntie Lynn
                        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I've been feeling pretty empathetic to the posters in this thread, since I seem to have been blessed with a fairly high resistance to pain. Shattered an ankle playing baseball (and learned that a clean break really is less painful than a sprain). Also had a bad lower back injury from another athletic endeavor; pain came and went for a few decades until I finally tried a chiropractor, who healed the problem in two visits and it's been prettyfine ever since. Broke various fingers and toes many times while messing about in boats, and always treated myself instead of running to a doctor. Everything healed fine. Just lucky, I guess.
                          So I stayed quiet in this thread... until now. Oral surgery a couple of hours ago was easily the worst pain I've ever felt! Apparently the abcess didn't allow the full shot of gum-go-numb stuff to take effect. Hurt like hell.
                          I'm sure it's not as bad as what many of you have gone through, but dang.
                          Apple sauce, soup, and custard for the next few days.
                          Got some Silver Patron Agave tequila, some Meyer's Rum, and some Baileys too. I think I remember the doctor recommending that. If he didn't, he should've.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                            Oral surgery a couple of hours ago was easily the worst pain I've ever felt!
                            I hear you. One of my "worst pain" was oral surgery. The doctor had already started, but then trouble reared it's ugly head. The drill, or mini-saw or whatever, malfunctioned and the doctor was pounding on it, and swearing at it ... "What the &%@#&*!#%$^& going on? Why don't you work? You *%^$#*%@%^&!"

Meanwhile, my eyes are closed, my mouth is open, and I'm thinking: "Hurry up you *%^$#*%@%^&! before the anaesthetic wears out!" He finally finishes, improvising, I think. After the anaesthetic wore off, the pain was incredible! I used all of the pain killers he gave me, and more! Then I went back and asked for more, and stronger drugs. He gave it to me, but it still didn't work. I was out for about a week and a half. I have one wisdom tooth left, but I'm not letting anyone take it out.

Comment

About 10 years ago, I had a Staph infection that required the removal of half my right butt cheek (the flesh grew back). When the surgeon came in to remove the gauze the morning after surgery, it was stuck to my friggin flesh. Instead of gently peeling the gauze off, he yanked the thing, ripping it off of my flesh. I have had surgeries on both knees but I have never felt anything as nasty as that in my entire life.
                              Last edited by Keanu; February 9, 2007, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Probably one of the most painful experiences I went through was having my wisdom teeth removed. It didn't physically hurt until the last one was removed.But mentally it was really hard, hearing the surgeon cracking the bone to remove the teeth.I'll never forget that- ever.
                                Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                                The Kona Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X