Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanna see what a bucket full of toads looks like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wanna see what a bucket full of toads looks like?

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
    Ate at a place years ago that served Toad in the Hole; they also served Bubble and Squeak...Wonder if that was from the toads???

If they served haggis too..........

ya

just

never

know....

Comment

Now THIS would be cool.......

Get a bunch of HT people to go out and sample these exotic foods and then post the reviews on the board. We'd need a cool name and T-Shirts, but I'd definitely love to do that.

Toad In A Hole

Haggis

What else.............

DD
      www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

Both of my Grandmothers were Norwegian, so every now and then my Mom would cook lutefisk. I never tried it because the smell will curl your hair.

Comment

Which toad when you lick it gives you a real high?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
            Which toad when you lick it gives you a real high?

That'd be the bufo toad.

Comment

OK, I feel so bad tonight.

It's pouring cats and dogs on Kauai, so toads are leaving a nearby reservoir and hittin' the streets. They decided to party in my garage, bringin' the ruckus--much to my dog's chagrin. I figured that if I keep bringing the toads back to the reservoir, their population will increase, threatening the life of my dog and every dog on this block.

So I gathered them with a scoop net and imprisoned them in an empty sheet rock bucket, and covered it with a milk crate so that they couldn't get out. Then I picked about 10 lemons from a tree, halved them, and squeezed the juice all over the toads. The more juice I squeezed, the quieter the bucket got. and now, 30 minutes later, all I hear is the sound of rain.
              Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Oh my.. I would like trippin' out..

Comment

Well, you earn some points for protecting the well-being of doggies. And for not using chemicals or frogicides.
                  ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                    Then I picked about 10 lemons from a tree, halved them, and squeezed the juice all over the toads. The more juice I squeezed, the quieter the bucket got. and now, 30 minutes later, all I hear is the sound of rain.
                    Add onions and tomato... toad ceviche.

Comment

**bump**

Well, it looks like Hawai`i was originally the recipient of Puerto Rican cane toads; and Hawai`i was the source of this environmental horror. And we think we got it bad.

I was quite surprised to read this; looks like the sugar cane growers were pretty desperate to get some help. It worked in Puerto Rico, so the wealth was shared around the Pacific Rim from Hawai`i (see this.) Unfortunately, their intended use in Australia failed. Looks like that didn't stop the toads from enjoying their new home. And prospering.

Go here and scroll down to Introductions...there is a chart of Australia and the growing attack of the toads. Wow!

The Wikipedia article includes some neat uses for cane toads. (those Australians...always so inventive.)

And, as usual, the SPCA steps in, with the all-or-nothing mentality. So no smacking those toads, or cockaroaches, or any creatures...might lead to a life of VIOLENCE!

Please.
                      Last edited by cyleet99; December 2, 2008, 10:16 AM. Reason: Found an article I had to comment on....

Comment

Yay for Australia! Nothin' like a proactive populus and a sunny day to strike fear in the hearts of the cane toad world.

Comment

Working...
                        X