• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MyopicJoe
    replied
    Re: HT's Photo Sharing Thread - Chapter 4

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    LocalMotion (Brian) shoots incredible engagement and wedding photos...untraditional, edgy, fun. Where were you 44 years ago, Brian? Be sure to check out his web site. The URL is in his sig.
    Nice website design. The music goes well with the slide shows. I already showed the link to a friend.

He captures his clients' emotions very well. He makes regular people look good. They all look like models to me.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
    [...]
    Was this a married couple, or hired models?
    Originally posted by LocalMotion View Post
    [...]
    This was a couple that I booked for their wedding. These were from there "engagement" shoot. The wedding was 8-8-08[...]
    LocalMotion (Brian) shoots incredible engagement and wedding photos...untraditional, edgy, fun. Where were you 44 years ago, Brian? Be sure to check out his web site. The URL is in his sig.

Leave a comment:

• LocalMotion
    replied

Originally posted by Jim75 View Post
    This one is my favorite from those. You have some great colors in these. Good job. I can see you pics getting better and better...

what are you using these days? LightRoom? Aperture?

Leave a comment:

• LocalMotion
    replied

The second photo looks like it's from a fashion magazine. Something about the buildings in the background, along with the depth of field, makes the couple pop out of the screen.

The beige tint in the third photo makes it look like it's from the 70s.

Thanks Joe,

This was a couple that I booked for their wedding. These were from there "engagement" shoot. The wedding was 8-8-08

Yeah i was going for a older polaroid feel on on the tinted one. 70's would be correct!

I play a lot in my digital darkroom.

Leave a comment:

• MyopicJoe
    replied

I don't see a dragon, Jim...

I see an ocean of beer!

Great use of the sunset light. Looks like liquid amber. I like the photos of the same waves, with differing light.

(I see what you meant, about wide angle lenses being easier to hand hold. Thanks for the info.)

Leave a comment:

• Jim75
    replied

More Hale'iwa

Leave a comment:

• Jim75
    replied

More Hale'iwa

Leave a comment:

• Jim75
    replied

Enter the Dragon - I took this first photo yesterday at sunset up near Hale'iwa. Can you see the Dragon in the wave? I've included a second shot with an outline, just in case.

Leave a comment:

• MyopicJoe
    replied

The second photo looks like it's from a fashion magazine. Something about the buildings in the background, along with the depth of field, makes the couple pop out of the screen.

The beige tint in the third photo makes it look like it's from the 70s.

Leave a comment:

• LocalMotion
    replied

it's been a while since i've posted shots here...

Jim / Tattrat - as usually good stuff there. can't wait to get back to hawaii.

I shoot a lot of weddings on the mainland, and i never really post them outside my blog, etc.... thought i'd start sharing some portraits

Leave a comment:

• TATTRAT
    replied

Originally posted by sophielynette View Post
    Oh wow, that fly shot is amazing Tatt. He almost looks pretty and graceful instead of an annoying pesky thing I want to swat. I can't imagine how you got it without him flying away!

And the Long Fence made me chuckle!

Honestly, was shocked that I got him too! And then when I uploaded, I was glad to see his colors, made me think differently of a fly, lol.

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
    Tatt, just to let you know, I'm lovin' the zinnia pics. They are great flowers, and your photos are lovely.

Mahalo!
    No worries! Now I know what those flowers are called! When we got this house, there were couple packets of wild flower seeds and I just chucked them onto a patch in the corner of our yard and the TOOK OFF! WE have a LOT of flowers now!

Leave a comment:

• cyleet99
    replied

Tatt, just to let you know, I'm lovin' the zinnia pics. They are great flowers, and your photos are lovely.

Mahalo!

Leave a comment:

• sophielynette
    replied

Oh wow, that fly shot is amazing Tatt. He almost looks pretty and graceful instead of an annoying pesky thing I want to swat. I can't imagine how you got it without him flying away!

And the Long Fence made me chuckle!

Leave a comment:

• TATTRAT
    replied

A fly, though I wish I could have got it from the front

long fence, and it was too. Along the whole waterfront part in Georgetown

a flower getting ready to open

Leave a comment:

• Jim75
    replied

Wow, Jim. I noticed in the first pic of post #92, your shutter speed was 1/10th of a second? I don't think I could hold my camera that steady, even with the help of image stabilization. *whistle*
    I was shooting with a 12x24mm lens (18x36mm in film camera equivalent). At 12mm, the people in the foreground were just a few feet away. You can shoot at 1/15 with no problems. This lens doesn't have image stabilization. I wish it did.
    Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
    Me this mornin' at Manoa Falls and beyond!
    Looking for "Manoa Falls Plastic Pot" cache.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X