Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Driftwood care!

Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post
    [...]It might be a problem in brackish water. But Makaha is mostly saltwater.
    [...]
    Hope you can do something nifty with all this stuff!
    Thanx, Composite. My guess is that the driftwood on Makaha Beach has been subjected to brackish water due to pretty intense storm run-off coming from Makaha Valley. Dead animals in the water are attracting the sharks. There wasn't anyone in the water when I was there yesterday but a father and young son appeared to be headed in that direction. I took family to see that beach last Saturday, during the height of the storm. One surfer was exiting the water while another was headed in that direction. The run-off from the valley was evident in the ocean...brown, as far as the eye could see. Whatever were those surfers thinking?

Soooo...I'm staying clear of the ocean, even in front of my hale. And, I'm using gloves to pick up the driftwood. MRSA is a big problem along the Waianae Coast. My doc at WCCHC gave me a prescription for a sulfa cream with instructions to apply it to every, little nick! I even keep a small container of it in my purse. I'm pretty neurotic about MRSA as I've lost one friend to it and another friend almost died this past summer. That said, neither had been to the Waianae Coast.

It'll be fun to create ways to use the driftwood. Right now I'm thinking towel hooks, decorative shelves, support posts for a bathroom vanity, toilet paper holder <g>, and a handpainted sign...ya know,
    BEACH -->!

Comment

Working...
    X