This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HT's Photo Sharing Thread - Chapter 5

I would say it is McCulley taken from near Lime Street. Even if I am mistaken, I'd like to say that your photographs are superb.

Comment

When I get back to Oahu Jim, I would love the chance to go shooting with you! Your work is always so pleasurable and makes me feel like I am there again.
      flickr

An email from God:
      To: People of Earth
      Date: 9/04/2007
      Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
      God

Comment

Love the great city picts Jim. Bravo.

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
          When I get back to Oahu Jim, I would love the chance to go shooting with you! Your work is always so pleasurable and makes me feel like I am there again.
          Yeah, Jim should lead a HT photo walk!

hint-hint-nudge-nudge-wink-wink

;_)
          "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
          "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
          "
          Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

McCully x2

I can see discovery Bay!
            x3!!!
            I knew I shoulda closed my drapes!
            Originally posted by Barry View Post
            I would say it is McCulley taken from near Lime Street. Even if I am mistaken, I'd like to say that your photographs are superb.
            Well, Lime St. is kinda near Kapiolani and Jim was up on Tantalus! Sounds like you need to make a refresher visit pretty soon, Barry. Don't forget your recipes!

Incredible shots, Jim. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

A variety of cultural groups performed at this past Friday's Live on the Lawn event. One of the groups was a Native American tribe called the Metis People of the Pacific Islands.

At first I just shyly took pictures from the edges. When their chief noticed me, he offered me his business card and asked if I would share my photos with him. This gave me courage to move in for some up close and personal shots.

Principal Chief: Don Provance

The audience participates in a friendship circle dance.

(Does anyone recognize the guy in shades? I keep thinking he's a local entertainer)

Through out the entire performance, the drummers maintained a stern warrior spirit. When they were done, they all broke out in smiles and laughter. The best part was watching them shake each other's hands. You could sense the respect they had for each other:
              "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
              "

Comment

Oh, here's the link to my photo set the above pictures are from:
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/myopicj...7616412396562/
                "

Comment

Jim75, may I ask what the exposures are on those evening Tantalus shots? I've been playing with long exposures on my point-and-shoot (still can't afford a DSLR) and really like what you've done with these.
                  But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                  GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

The D.C. Annual Cherry Blossom festival is happening as we speak(type) and the blooms are out in full effect....as well as a million and six people, dang it was crowded...

Here are a couple I snapped

and on an unrelated note, a light pole, I like the windows on the building behind it

flickr

An email from God:

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                    God

Comment

Tatt, your cherry blossom shots outshine the pics that are featured on the Yahoo photo site.

Comment

wow, thanks hun!
                        flickr

An email from God:

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                        God

Comment

Thanks for all the comments everyone.

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
                          At first I just shyly took pictures from the edges. When their chief noticed me, he offered me his business card and asked if I would share my photos with him. This gave me courage to move in for some up close and personal shots.
                          Great shots, MJ. That shot of the Chief is excellent! Top notch. He'll say "Yep, that's my bad self".

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                          Jim75, may I ask what the exposures are on those evening Tantalus shots? I've been playing with long exposures on my point-and-shoot (still can't afford a DSLR) and really like what you've done with these.
                          Scrivener, if you go to this link in my Smugmug account http://diamondwillow.smugmug.com/gal...05629232_Wy8Z7 there will be a bunch of thumbnails and a larger photo on the right. If you move your cursor over the big photo, over to the right side of the photo, a little vertical rectangle pop-up should appear. In the pop-up there is an icon that says something to the effect of 'photo Info'. If you click that, the exif data will show up, showing iso, shutter speed, aperture, etc.

The D.C. Annual Cherry Blossom festival is happening as we speak(type) and the blooms are out in full effect....as well as a million and six people, dang it was crowded...
                          All of those pics are winners, especially the cherry blossoms with the monuments as background. Exceptional!

Get yourself back here and we'll not only go on a photo shoot, we'll get an HT get-together organized to celebrate your return.

Comment

I posted something in the Hawaii Television section just now, but some of you photography fans may not view that thread, so in brief:
                            Go to http://www.scenichawaii.com/ and view the videos online. One of my favorites is on the main menu. Click Aerial Videos and then click Maui, and about a minute or two into the video watch what appears to be the "seven sacred pools" starting on the Hana Highway, which actually runs for miles and miles and has dozens of pools and waterfalls.
                            But check out all the videos, as time permits. The photography is spectacular and gives the rest of us ideas about where and what to shoot.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                              I posted something in the Hawaii Television section just now, but some of you photography fans may not view that thread, so in brief:
                              Go to http://www.scenichawaii.com/ and view the videos online.
                              Super link, Lika! Thanks a bunch. I plan to spend some more time checking it out. Incredible HD video photography. And I guess I should pay more attention to the TV thread. Again, wonderful site.

Comment

Some Big Island Pics from the weekend. First is Carl the Cat. Carl lives at the Coffee farm I stayed at near Captain Cook. His owner said his name is Coconut, but he thinks he looks more like a Carl. Next two are sunset pics at Old Airport Beach, Kailua-Kona.

Comment

Working...
                                X