• TATTRAT
    replied
    Re: HT's Photo Sharing Thread - Chapter 6

From Donington Park

Leave a comment:

• TATTRAT
    replied

So, unfortunately, I had to head 3K miles east, instead of the 6k West I wanted to do, but I have been in the UK for a bit now, and will be until early October. The bandwidth here is odd, so I can only upload a few at a time, but I will add more as time allows.

Scarburough

North Sea

Leave a comment:

• mel
    replied

Remember....

We Will Never Forget by macprohawaii, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• HanaleiRay
    replied

This moose was resting by the side of the stream and occasionally dipping his foot in the water.

Leave a comment:

• HanaleiRay
    replied

Grand Teton National Park - Wyoming

Leave a comment:

• Menehune Man
    replied

Drats! It didn't work again...

Leave a comment:

• Mike_Lowery
    replied

IMG_2960 by thealmightymiranda, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• mel
    replied

Airborne Over East Oahu by macprohawaii, on Flickr

Flickr fixed their remote posting options and added in a new [BB] code available from the SHARE menu via the HTML sub-menu.

Leave a comment:

• mel
    replied

A Note From Fiickr

This is for those who post embedded images from Flickr to this message board (and many others) that use [BB] code.

The direct link to a photo file is no longer shown on the page. Per the Flickr Community Guidelines "pages on other websites that display content hosted on flickr.com must provide a link from each photo or video back to its page on Flickr." Linking directly to the photo file doesn't do this.

We understand that many people were using that link on message boards to show their images and we are working on a solution that will allow you to post using BBCode (standard message board code) that links back.
    So for the time being I am probably not going to be posting any images to this thread from Flickr.

This has come about because Flickr did a massive change to their layout this past few weeks, and made a new layout the standard thereby disabling or making access to many features either non-existent or hard to find. There was nothing wrong with the original Flickr layout. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I believe if you upload images directly to this board, there is a limit of about 50 images and then you probably have to delete older images, which of course will give viewers of older messages a busted icon from the image you had previously posted.
    Last edited by mel; August 7, 2010, 10:58 AM. Reason: added a couple of items

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

Originally posted by shaveice View Post
    wow! terrific pics! was the nest in an easy to get to place? i'm imagining you on a ladder with one foot and another foot on the roof of your home!
    Nah, the nest is in a hanging potted plant, and it hangs right outside my dining room window at the end of a roof beam. Easy to reach from the ground, so knowing the adult was gone at the moment I just gently lifted the plant off its hook, set it low enough to take the pics, and quickly hung it back up.
    I can see into the plant from inside my dining room window and I just now looked; the adult is sitting on the nest, so I can't check to see if #3 was born yet. I'll look again when I get home from work.

Leave a comment:

• shaveice
    replied

wow! terrific pics! was the nest in an easy to get to place? i'm imagining you on a ladder with one foot and another foot on the roof of your home!

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

And here we go again:

And the last one:

Are these guys cute or what!?!

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

I saw the adult was gone a few days ago and looked into the nest and saw three small speckled eggs. Two days ago the adult was gone again and my peek showed me that one of the eggs had hatched and the baby bulbul was adorable. Yesterday, another peek showed two of the three eggs had hatched, so out came the camera. Two baby bulbuls, both less than 48 hours old, and the speckled egg of the next one:

A few more to follow...

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

I haven't had time recently to comment every time various folks post photos, but I love 'em all!
    I also haven't had time to use my camera recently, but yesterday afternoon I was watering and trimming all the plants in my front courtyard and checked out a bird nest in one of the hanging plants outside my dining room that I'd been watching for a week or so, seeing a bulbul going in and out of the plant.
    I'm having trouble posting the attachment for photos, so I have to do multiple posts. First, here's an adult bulbul:
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Pomai
    replied

Mel, wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X