• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surlygirly
    replied
    Re: Ouija Board Game

Originally posted by cezanne View Post
    I'll take Magic 8-Ball for the win!
    Oh no! That's how I ended up married the first time. Bad, bad Magic 8-Ball!

Leave a comment:

• cezanne
    replied

I'll take Magic 8-Ball for the win!

Leave a comment:

• surlygirly
    replied

Our 6th grade science teacher told our class that she and some friends were playing with The Board and they asked it they names of the guys they were going to marry. She got a very unusual name in response. Well, she ended up married to a guy with a name like Bob or something, but a few weeks after their wedding, found out he had been adopted and his birth mother had named him the unusual name! (And she had never told him the Ouija Board story!)

Anyone else got any good stories?

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    soooooo......whadda you think about the Saints!
    Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
    ST Boniface of Mainz was kinda cool...patron saint of beer brewers and tailors/suit makers.

I mean what could be cooler for a night out, beer goggles and snappy dressing.
    Oh, you guys! Stop talking religion!

Leave a comment:

• Peshkwe
    replied

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post

ST Boniface of Mainz was kinda cool...patron saint of beer brewers and tailors/suit makers.

I mean what could be cooler for a night out, beer goggles and snappy dressing.

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied
    Re: Beyond the Ouija Board

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    I won't continue in that direction...
    ...but I can't be responsible for others who stay off the track; again, sorry.

Leave a comment:

• Bobinator
    replied

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    Was it an urban legend or in a movie where you can hear spirits screaming when an Ouija board is burning?
    I observed that Ouija Boards come in different strength levels. Some are quite active, while others are sort of dull. I don't play with them, but have a looong time ago. Spirits aren't subject to the physical plain, so I'm of the opinion that the screaming thing is bogus. Notwithstanding, I've heard stories of them resisting being disposed of. Heard the same thing about some dolls too. Yikes!

Leave a comment:

• Bobinator
    replied

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
    Yes, yes, and yes. 'nuff said.

Kaonohi - "...and I believe none of us have even come close to that knowledge. Yet." Wrong, oh so wrong.

Bobinator - "But its believable to say it was founded on Christian principles." Believable, maybe, but true? Nope.
    The Church came over a thousand years before our government, so Leo can move to Communist China if he wants. Seems like it would suit him better. They don't have God in any part of their government.

I dare you to say the Nation of Hawaii movement is not founded on principles of Hawaiiana.

What part of the 10 Commandments is not agreeable with the Constitution?
    Last edited by Bobinator; February 10, 2010, 11:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• salmoned
    replied

Yes, yes, and yes. 'nuff said.

Kaonohi - "...and I believe none of us have even come close to that knowledge. Yet." Wrong, oh so wrong.

Bobinator - "But its believable to say it was founded on Christian principles." Believable, maybe, but true? Nope.
    Last edited by salmoned; February 10, 2010, 10:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Whitfield
    replied

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
    And we can try to keep religion out of at least ONE thread that's actually interesting?
    You can try, but the topics so closly parallel that it's bound to come up.
    If the board works, for whatever reason/s, then it upends a lot of religeous ferver. Can you say tizzy?

Leave a comment:

• cyleet99
    replied

I think it's myth...mentioned in several places on the web.

FWIW, the Wikipedia article about these "talking boards" is pretty interesting. I played on one with friends in early teen years, but I did not believe any of it and don't remember any of the answers.

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

Was it an urban legend or in a movie where you can hear spirits screaming when an Ouija board is burning?

Leave a comment:

• surlygirly
    replied

Always glad to be of service! I wasn't trying to call anyone out- just noticed a lot of the threads lately have kind of taken a political/religious turn and thought maybe we could either start a thread just for that, or leave this one neutral.

Thanks, LL!

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
    And we can try to keep religion out of at least ONE thread that's actually interesting...
    You are right, and I am sorry - as I'm the one who took it in that direction with my comment:
    Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    Just like religious faith. We don't have definitive answers, but too many people insist that their way of believing is the "truth."
    I was making a bigger pool out of the supernatural/spirit world aspects of Quija, based on my own attitudes about religion, and completely derailed the discussion into yet another one in which we will never find agreement; one that could go on and on and on. I won't continue in that direction, and thank you for getting it back on track so courteously, sg.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X