Cockroach repellent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cockroach repellent

Checked my new house this week and the yard is infested with those BC Bomber flying roaches, called the exterminator, sprayed, killed some in the house but not all. I am going to try all of the tips on this sight! Can live with alot but not ROACHES!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the tips!
    Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Comment

Those damn bugs, I tell ya!.

Who said that they can come in, stay & have free rent, any way?.

Gotta git rid of 'em one way or anodda.
      Aches & Pains
      (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Originally posted by pinakboy
        Use boric acid u can buy from Long's Drug to kill them and laurel or bay leaves to repel them from in your utensil and kitchen knive drawers. it really works!! got it off from the internet. jus google it!

our apartment was infested and in one month our kitchen has no sign of dem little buggahz. dey all dehydrated and died and they don't like the bay leaves and avoid the cupboard, drawers and cabinets. Just throw some leaves wheaevahz u no like dem go.

good luck!
        This(bay leaves) is a good idea-I'll try it myself. Plus the cloves and cinnamon sticks. I live in an old NY apt. building and no matter how clean you keep your place the roaches get everywhere! I try not to kill any critters if possible-my lama's orders... but if there's a way to repel them I will try it. Also I have a pet parrot and don't like spraying poisons around-birdies have sensitive lungs.

Comment

if all else fails, there is always Chinatown! Go do there and ask the Chinese merchants for their 'special Cockroach' chalk. It looks like Chalkboard chalk, and you just draw lines over coackroach paths in dooorways,under cabinets, etc,etc.. Roaches all die after they cross the chalk line! Not quite sure how it works, but I think the stuff is illegal in Hawaii too. The merchants always seem to get this stuff from the back rooms, it never seems to be on display in any of the stores. But da bugga work big time though!

Comment

Originally posted by Beachboy
            if all else fails, there is always Chinatown! Go do there and ask the Chinese merchants for their 'special Cockroach' chalk. It looks like Chalkboard chalk, and you just draw lines over coackroach paths in dooorways,under cabinets, etc,etc.. Roaches all die after they cross the chalk line! Not quite sure how it works, but I think the stuff is illegal in Hawaii too. The merchants always seem to get this stuff from the back rooms, it never seems to be on display in any of the stores. But da bugga work big time though!
            It's illegal because there's a big risk that kids will think it's regular chalk and get it all over their hands playing with it. Here's an EPA fact sheet about the stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
              It's illegal because there's a big risk that kids will think it's regular chalk and get it all over their hands playing with it. Here's an EPA fact sheet about the stuff.
              Hmm...so according to what I'm reading about the chalk, you should be ok if you handle the stuff with gloves and have no children who might use it?

Comment

Working...
              X