Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Possible to keep geckos away?

Originally posted by mel
    The cruel and harsh solution to the problem is to call in the exterminators and fumigate the entire classroom, probably on a regular basis to keep all the vermin out.
    However, the professional exterminators will tell you that they have no treatment for getting rid of our gecko buddies. They can temporarily get rid of what a gecko likes to eat, but it won't get rid of a gecko problem.
    Oh. Wait a second. You wrote "fumigate the entire classroom, probably on a regular basis to keep all the vermin out", so maybe you were referring to the students?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

We have cats. No geckos. I also have no sons and no dogs. So I'm not sure if having daughters and having cats equals not having geckos, or if having sons and having dogs means geckos would show up. We do have day anoles. It's the sweetest thing! when I'm trimming my basil, little juvie enoles jump from leaf to leaf. Don't ever want to blend one into my pesto!
      Just my valuable .02.
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
        We have cats. No geckos. I also have no sons and no dogs. So I'm not sure if having daughters and having cats equals not having geckos, or if having sons and having dogs means geckos would show up. We do have day anoles. It's the sweetest thing! when I'm trimming my basil, little juvie enoles jump from leaf to leaf. Don't ever want to blend one into my pesto!
        You made me laugh! I really like those anoles. I would much rather have those than geckos--they're much "sweeter." Or maybe it was the basil I was tasting? Nah nah nah nah nah!
        Fukujinzuke! I've got myself in a pickle!

Comment

Originally posted by pinakboy
          geckos are good luck so getting rid of them...
          So, if I have really FAT geckos, does that mean they'll bring MORE luck?

Comment

Originally posted by mel
            The cruel and harsh solution to the problem is to call in the exterminators and fumigate the entire classroom, probably on a regular basis to keep all the vermin out.
            Maybe when my classroom is renovated they'll just decide to move out. I'm trying to focus on what some others have said....if they're fat, must be that they're eating all the bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by pinakboy
              geckos are good luck so getting rid of them...
              i've always been told by kupuna that geckos are good luck...back in my hanabata days, my folks used to say that when the geckos chirped, or clucked or whatever, it was bedtime for jdub...

i've got geckos up here on the hill, and will sometimes watch them stalk their prey (moths)...the savagery of nature right here in my living room...it makes me feel like marlon perkins with a budweiser buzz...
              Don't be mean,
              try to help.

Comment

Hahaha! "While the dangerous Wild Hawaiian Gecko stalks its prey, we'll watch from behind this rock while Jdub gets a closer look..."
                Have some gum! -- Blaine
                Originally posted by jdub
                i've got geckos up here on the hill, and will sometimes watch them stalk their prey (moths)...the savagery of nature right here in my living room...it makes me feel like marlon perkins with a budweiser buzz...
                Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by zztype
                  Hahaha! "While the dangerous Wild Hawaiian Gecko stalks its prey, we'll watch from behind this rock while Jdub gets a closer look..."
                  Have some gum! -- Blaine
                  lmao! "And now we'll send Jim into the dangerous environs of the kitchen to bring back a sample of Budweiser. Be careful, Jim! There's gecko's in there, too!"
                  Don't be mean,
                  try to help.

Comment

Originally posted by jdub
                    lmao! "And now we'll send Jim into the dangerous environs of the kitchen to bring back a sample of Budweiser. Be careful, Jim! There's gecko's in there, too!"
                    so is O'ahu infested with the Madagascar day gecko like the big island is? You know the green ones that poop all over the place? They eat the good geckos and I hate them.

Comment

Originally posted by drewb
                      so is O'ahu infested with the Madagascar day gecko like the big island is? You know the green ones that poop all over the place? They eat the good geckos and I hate them.
                      You mean the gold dust day gecko? I've seen them here on O‘ahu but they're not really that common. They don't really eat other geckos, do they? I thought they ate bugs!

Comment

oO(mo'o get variety? Naahhh??) I know of only three kind mo'o:
                        -slimy black one (those 'in the know' call 'em salamanda)
                        -brown pregnant one and they make the sound "scrack scrack scrack"
                        -biggah green one (these no like come inside the house, like the brown pregnant one)

and they are alll cousins.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o
                          I know of only three kind mo'o:
                          -slimy black one (those 'in the know' call 'em salamanda)
                          these are cute. i like em cuz I can get right up to them and pet them. do it slowly and they seem to like the attention.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                            these are cute. i like em cuz I can get right up to them and pet them. do it slowly and they seem to like the attention.
                            ew.

They are slimy cuz dey just when make da brown mo'o hapai. And you like fo' pet 'em.

pax

Comment

I am a guy. some guys don't mind dat kine stuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                                I am a guy. some guys don't mind dat kine stuffs.
                                Got it. I prefer to chase them into a roach trap and let them diiiieeee from starvation...

pax

Comment

Working...
                                X