Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sign here if you repaired something today

Originally posted by hawaiidreamin
    Yes, this is true about the MaleEgo program...(pardon me while I wipe away the tears of laughter)
    Now to find a permanent program patch
    No need for a patch here. I'm impermeable to attacks and viruses. Yup, I'm a Mack...haha.
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

LOL @ Mike...that was cute

Manoa-I guess that's why they have upgrades...which turn out to be the same model with different packaging
      Hawaii my love, I will see you soon

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
        Any chance you were the one who went to the auto parts store to buy the "alterator"?

"My husband sent me to buy an "alterator" for a 1999 Dodge Ram pickup. You know.. it's that thingee that's silver on the outside, spins and has a belt attached to it. I think the belt fits a pants size 32 waist, with no buckle."
        rofl no not me but that's totally something i'd say

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
          Can you really call it "fixed," when you generally have to repair it again and again, within 24 hours? It's a bug in the MaleEgo program - when you first meet us, you only get the demo. (And, keeping with the topic, I hope this "fixed" a smile on someone's face.)
          You can't fix a man's ego...you can only maintain it for a short while then it goes off the deep end again (as usual)
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Does it count if you fix the huge Canon copy machine? Especially when the it eats the paper and you have a major paper jam in 10 different areas of the machine? Most of time the guys can't even fix it. So I tell them get outta the way.. I know what I am doing! And I always fix it!

Comment

Settled a dispute between two 7th-graders over a hackysack. Man, those toys are always the cause of some problem in a middle school. I wanna find and cut down the tree that bears hackysacks.

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                You can't fix a man's ego...you can only maintain it for a short while then it goes off the deep end again (as usual)
                Goes off the deep end and that's time you toss him down the mountain....because he is useless now... that simple...

Rofl.............. you guys are making me laugh toooooo much
                Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
                Mark Twain

Comment

back to topic...

I am fixing a friends computer again today... as usual... this time having to install MS office softwares
                  Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
                  Mark Twain

Comment

Solved a battery problem on a cell phone. Battery wasn't charing--just dirty contacts.

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                      Solved a battery problem on a cell phone. Battery wasn't charing--just dirty contacts.
                      Wasn't "char(r)ing" huh? All you need for that is one of them combustible laptop batteries.

Slept over my aunt's house last night when at about 1am in the morning an exposed iron water pipe outside decided to finally rust through and flood half the garage. What timing.

She didn't know specifically where the water-main valve was located, just "over there somewhere", so it took me almost a half hour (carefully) digging through grass and dirt in the front lawn looking for it. I almost ended up making an emergency call to BOS. I finally found the valve and cut the water supply. Good thing the valve itself worked. Just our luck that would've been frozen. For some reason, the valve was almost 8 feet lateral to the meter on the sidewalk. Sheez.

So not necessarily fixed it, but at least I found and shut the water-main valve, saving the house from a total flood-out. Good thing I happened to be there at that moment.

She hired a licensed plumber today and replaced the old iron pipe with copper. Was a pretty difficult job I wouldn't have attempted myself.

Tip: KNOW EXACTLY where your home's water and electrical main is located in the event of a major pipe break or electrical hazard.
                      Last edited by Pomai; October 12, 2006, 03:17 PM.
                      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                        Wasn't "char(r)ing" huh? All you need for that is one of them combustible laptop batteries.
                        Used an airduster and cleaned my keyboard. Dust wasn't allowing the contacts on the "G" key to work all the time, so I was leaving out that letter when I typed.

flickr

Comment

I changed out my car battery today, too bad it decided to die right when I'm trying to rush out the door to get to class, either way it's good now.
                          808blogs.com- Start your own blog now, for free!
                          kazaru.808blogs.com - my blog!
                          http://kazaru.com - personal site DOWN ATM

Comment

Fixed the fax in my office...it was making very light faxes, especially along the outside edges. I read the troubleshooting page on the Brother website and tried cleaning a wire on the drum assembly. That worked for a day then the problem came back. $200 and a new drum later the fax is back to normal.

Sort of a fix...

Comment

Simple honey dooze:

Had to replace the air filter for the vent for heater/air conditioner. Also installed some hooks in our bedroom to hang clothes.

Comment

Tried to snake out our plumbing in our masterbath, but the buggah no can fix. We're going to need a real plumber for this one. I hear the pipes clanging around when I am snaking it. It doesn't sound too good. Probably goin cost plenny $$$.

Comment

Working...
                                X