X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I personally collect (blank)

Originally posted by Keanu View Post
    Hmm, I'm gonna go with Panties.
    you buggah. I just spilled my coffee reading that.

pax

Comment

Cannot (won't try to) top the panties/bebe deeze refs ...

I collect cookbooks. Didn't start out meaning to, but given the number of them in my house, it seems an irrefutable fact. I also collect recipes I find online and have stored hundreds on my computer (have two discfuls of back-up files ... somewhere). Those I have printed out are in sheet protectors in a very analog 3-ring binder.

I also collect CDs of artists I love. I usually go for greatest hits collections (more bang for the buck), but there are some albums I simply must have in their entirety (Frampton Comes Alive; anything by Santana -- except for his odd fusion phase; and some by ZZ Top that I have yet to acquire).

I won't buy a CD for one cut, unless it's a used CD and it's super-cheap.

Speaking of Santana, I was reading in one of the online radio/records trades the other day (R&R?) that he's coming out with an "ultimate" greatest hits collection. What, is it gonna be like, 5 discs' worth?
      Last edited by Erika Engle; August 12, 2007, 10:29 AM. Reason: Forgot about my online addiction ... er, collection habit.
      I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Originally posted by Keanu View Post
        Hmm, I'm gonna go with Panties.
        Hey no stealing from the wash lines eh? That's cheating!

When I got married I had to throw out my panty momento's. Oh the single life...what a life that was

Me, I collect tools. Yep can't have enough cordless tools. The sad part is that I work in the Hardware department at Home Depot.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Recorded music. Still got about 2000 vinyl LPs, some 2800 home-made cassettes, and I think I've hit nearly 4000 CDs.

And lots of books - entire wall of the living room is bookshelves that are crammed full...but I'm better at getting rid of them than I used to be.

Comment

Tikis, Tiki Mugs Tiki / Vintage Hawaiiana paraphenalia. Especially stuff from the 50's, 60's and 70's. Also newer art from the current Tiki artists, like SHAG and others.

Mid Century Modern (50's 60's 70's) Furniture, lamps, stuff.

Cheap Guitars...everyone likes to collect vintage Gibson and Fender....I collect cheap guitars instead.

Trying to cut down on my collecting tho and go more minimalist.

A nice quote from The Fonz on Happy Days when he was moving out of the Cunninghams garage and had only one box on the table. Richie asks "That's ALL your stuff?" Fonz says "Yea, the more stuff you own, the more it owns you"

Nice one.
            http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
            Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
            Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
              Tikis, Tiki Mugs Tiki / Vintage Hawaiiana paraphenalia. Especially stuff from the 50's, 60's and 70's. Also newer art from the current Tiki artists, like SHAG and others.

Mid Century Modern (50's 60's 70's) Furniture, lamps, stuff.

Cheap Guitars...everyone likes to collect vintage Gibson and Fender....I collect cheap guitars instead.

Trying to cut down on my collecting tho and go more minimalist.

A nice quote from The Fonz on Happy Days when he was moving out of the Cunninghams garage and had only one box on the table. Richie asks "That's ALL your stuff?" Fonz says "Yea, the more stuff you own, the more it owns you"

Nice one.
              At Home Depot in Hilo we're selling Tiki's for the gardens
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Harley Davidson 100th Anniversary items/stuff ~ but anything HD is pretty much cool.
                ~Lika

\\000// Malama Pono \\000//

Comment

<sigh> what don't I collect? I really shouldn't read this thread. It might give me ideas.

Junque. I collect junque.

I really wish I could link to the song "Sellin' all my junk on eBay" (done to the tune of "Sittin' on the dock of the bay".)
                  Last edited by GeckoGeek; August 12, 2007, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
                    Tikis, Tiki Mugs Tiki / Vintage Hawaiiana paraphenalia.
                    Speaking of...check your PMs.

Comment

1. Cookbooks! I'm now on the hunt for a really comprehensive one for pressure cookers.
                      2. Hair conditioners. Having been a life-long victim of naturally curly hair that can either look fried or divine on any given day, I have become a hair improvement industry.
                      3. Children's art work.
                      4. Photos of my beautiful children.
                      5. Congratulatories letters or kudos from fans or superiors.
                      6. Clips of my stories.
                      7. Bowls. I'm a sucker for something that can be cradled in my grip and can hold a substantial amount of ice cream or gazpacho!
                      8. Several colors of the same shirt that looks great on me.
                      9. Ditto with pants.
                      10. Bandanas for mopping up sweat.
                      11. Yoga mats. I have 5: green, pink, blue, purple, lime green. ommm.
                      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

1. Crazy Shirts. I'm not sure how many I have, but I can say I have at least 150 of them, most of them never worn. The oldest ones date to around 1984. Two of the very few non-Crazy Shirts to make it into this collection are a "Whack Whack" T-shirt from HT's very own 1stwahine and a "Hawaii Threads" T-shirt, which was a prize (donated by pzarquon) that I won for coming in first place in one of Scrivener's trivia contests.

2. Coins. I specialize in early 20th century American issues, mainly the Buffalo five cent coin, the Standing Liberty twenty-five cent coin (complete set 1916-30, including 18/17 overdate) and the Winged Liberty ("Mercury") ten cent coin. I have a few of the gold and early commemorative issues from that era....all of them incredible works of art by themselves. And to round out the collection, I have a pretty decent collection of Maundy sets from the UK.

3. Marathon medals. Number of medals in the collection currently stands at 20. Honolulu (7 medals) and Boston (6 medals) are the most common medals found in the set. All twenty were earned.
                        Last edited by Surfingfarmboy; August 13, 2007, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfingfarmboy View Post
                          a "Hawaii Threads" T-shirt, which was a prize (donated by pzarquon) that I won for coming in first place in one of Scrivener's trivia contests.
                          The last one was a year ago. I wonder if it's time for another.
                          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
                          X