Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Indoor Grill?

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
    [...]When I cook breakfast, though, sometimes I make one side a grill (so I can get all the grease out of the bacon or sausage and the other side a griddle for pancakes and eggs. Then when I'm done, I just pop the plates off the machine and pop them in the dishwasher. No fuss, no muss and it cooks fast too so you don't heat up your kitchen.

Miulang
    Miulang, does the griddle feature cook faster than any other griddle at the same temp.? The GF grill has the lid which enables both sides to cook at the same time. Does the griddle also use the same 2 sided cooking?

Comment

Mahalo nui, Miulang.

One advantage of my stove one is that I can cook a lot of stuff at one time. Lotsa pancakes, or bacon, or about 4 cheese sammiches.

However: I can't grill on it.
      Aloha,
      Mokihana

Comment

Originally posted by Mokihana View Post
        Mahalo nui, Miulang.

One advantage of my stove one is that I can cook a lot of stuff at one time. Lotsa pancakes, or bacon, or about 4 cheese sammiches.

However: I can't grill on it.
        Do you have a Jenn-Air range, then? If you do, can't you get a griddle insert for it? Besides, if it's just for you and N most of the time, then one of those indoor grills would be a good thing, because I know you probably do a lot of low fat cooking.

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks everyone, for your help. I used my new Cuisinart indoor grill for the first time tonight! I marinated some lamb in olive oil, garlic, shoyu, lemon juice and rosemary. It took only a few minutes to heat up and and few more minutes to cook. Perfect! I haven't cleaned it yet, but it looks easy.

I plan on using it every night this week... I'll be marinating chicken thighs, veggies, more lamb steaks. Fun!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            Miulang, does the griddle feature cook faster than any other griddle at the same temp.? The GF grill has the lid which enables both sides to cook at the same time. Does the griddle also use the same 2 sided cooking?
            Oops, sorry for the delay in replies, Tutu. The griddle uses both plates, but opens up flat so you have 2 cooking surfaces. So I cook pancakes on half and eggs and sausage/bacon (I cook the meat first, push the cooked meat aside and then cook the eggs) on the other side. You could also use the griddle plates like you would a top/bottom grill (like for grilled cheese sammiches if you don't want the grill marks but do want your sandwich pressed down). It's super good for making panini sandwiches because of the floating hinge so you can make your paninis really fat and then squish them down. My favorite pressed sandwiches du jour right now are Cubanos (ham, pork roll, provolone, kosher dill slices and some Dijon in a sandwich roll).

Nikki: Congrats on your purchase! I'm sure you'll have all kinds of fun with it. And it really is easy to clean. Just remove the plates and rinse them off. To make sure they're really easy to clean, spray some cooking spray on the plates while they are heating up. Guarans no sticky mess.

Miulang
            Last edited by Miulang; September 22, 2007, 07:48 PM.
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
            X