X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharon Stone-Karma: China's Earthquake

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    How about Basic Instinct 2?

If Sharon Stone was really a MENSA member, she would have been smart enough to avoid making "Basic Instinct II".

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
      True. The nastiest of my neighbors will live forever.
      But that will provide you with more stories to write.

Comment

This talk about karma makes me think of the bumper sticker - 'My karma just ran over your dogma'.

I recalled the Just-World Phenomenon, so I looked it up in Wikipedia. I'm not sure this applies directly to Sharon Stone's thoughts and what's there isn't exactly what I remembered it to be, but here's what it said:

"The just-world phenomenon, also called the just-world theory, just-world fallacy, just-world effect, or just-world hypothesis, refers to the tendency for people to want to believe that the world is "just" so strongly that when they witness an otherwise inexplicable injustice they will rationalize it by searching for things that the victim might have done to deserve it. This deflects their anxiety, and lets them continue to believe the world is a just place, but at the expense of blaming victims for things that were not, objectively, their fault."

Comment

How about Basic Instinct 2? Sex sells in movies no matter how bad the writing is.
          Check the final box office. Miserable.
          “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
          http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by Jim75 View Post
            This talk about karma makes me think of the bumper sticker - 'My karma just ran over your dogma'.

I recalled the Just-World Phenomenon, so I looked it up in Wikipedia. I'm not sure this applies directly to Sharon Stone's thoughts and what's there isn't exactly what I remembered it to be, but here's what it said:

"The just-world phenomenon, also called the just-world theory, just-world fallacy, just-world effect, or just-world hypothesis, refers to the tendency for people to want to believe that the world is "just" so strongly that when they witness an otherwise inexplicable injustice they will rationalize it by searching for things that the victim might have done to deserve it. This deflects their anxiety, and lets them continue to believe the world is a just place, but at the expense of blaming victims for things that were not, objectively, their fault."
            Thinking not limited to the "New Agers". And when retribution fails to emerge in this life, it is certain to be dealt with in the next. Ya right! Swampland anyone?
            “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
            http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

I first saw Sharon Stone in a movie with Hawaii resident Richard Chamberlain in a Raiders of the Lost Arc clone. She made Richard Chamberlain seemed straight. Did he come out already?

Comment

She made Richard Chamberlain seemed straight. Did he come out already?
                In his 2003 biography, he did (though he was "outed" by a European magazine back in the late 1980s).

Comment

I don't know the backstory between China and Tibet. But with friends like Sharon Stone, Richard Gere, and the Olympic protesters, The Dalai Lama should screen calls with caller i.d, when they call. Whenever I hear the name of Richard Gere, the gerbil rumor comes to mind. How did that urban legend spread before the internet?

Comment

I don't know the backstory between China and Tibet.
                    If you are interested in knowing more, please do the research. You won't get much from the sources you've previously cited for your "current events" information, though. If you'd like, I can make some book recommendations for you, as this has been an important issue to me for over thirty years. If not - well, feel free to keep drifting the thread, as you have with each post on this topic. (You're entitled - you started the thread, after all. )

Comment

OMG! I'm sabotaging my thread by going off topic on every post. I feel like a "NumbNutt," and I can't even spell the word right, unlike the kid who won the National Spelling Bee.

Comment

No such thing as Kharma folks

Sharon Stone - isn't she the one who's sole claim to 'fame' was for showing off more than her cellulited thighs in some flick?
                        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

I don't know the backstory between China and Tibet. But with friends like Sharon Stone, Richard Gere, and the Olympic protesters, The Dalai Lama should screen calls with caller i.d, when they call. Whenever I hear the name of Richard Gere, the gerbil rumor comes to mind. How did that urban legend spread before the internet?
                          So did you hear this on ETrue Hollywood story? This "urban myth” has been debunked for many years. Try asking your Dr. if this is even physically possible. If you care to learn what’s going on in Tibet take Leo Likeo’s advice and read some books on the subject.

"When you dance there are two of you, your spiritual self and your physical self. The spirit has to dance." ~ Aunty Mae Ulalia Loebenstein

Comment

Originally posted by greentara View Post
                            So did you hear this on ETrue Hollywood story? This "urban myth” has been debunked for many years. Try asking your Dr. if this is even physically possible. If you care to learn what’s going on in Tibet take Leo Likeo’s advice and read some books on the subject.

The E True Hollywood Story deals with facts because there's the word "True" is in its title.

I wouldn't ask a doctor about that, but I would ask,"Hi, I'm Jerry Matsui from Petland" that question.

No matter how much information I read about Tibet, I don't want to tell people from another country how to think. What am I, an American? That's a softball setup right over the plate, so you can hit it out of the park with a comeback.

I was born and raised in Hawaii, but I don't want to tell people of Hawaiian ancestry how they should think about politics in Hawaii.

How can anyone defend Richard Gere when he cop a feel an actress from India at a press conference in a country who frowns upon Public Display of Affection, in this case it was Public Display of Disrespecting.

Comment

Working...
                            X