Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lan Vo (psychic)

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
    Not knockin anyone who decides to go see her, but IMO, life's the greatest suspense movie EVER, so I'd never go see one. But if my life depended on seeing a psychic, I'd go see Zoltan!
    I would go see Carnac the Magnificent but he's dead.

Should that matter?

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
      I would go see Carnac the Magnificent but he's dead.

Should that matter?
      It probably would. Zoltan works even when he's not plugged in, and when he makes you suddenly more grownup and older, you can play "chopsticks" on a giant keyboard in FAO Schwarz.
      Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Whatever happened to "Moby Dick?" He sort of disappeared after he predicted danger for Muhammad Ali against George Foreman in Zaire back in 1974. His very words of warning for Ali: you might get hurt ........

Result: Ali by knockout in round 8.

Comment

Christa!

Did you go to see Lan Vo? How did it turn out? What did she say?

Was it anything like this actual secretly recorded audio of a trip to a psychic?

http://www.paulogata.com/psychic.mp3

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Ogata View Post
            Christa!

Did you go to see Lan Vo? How did it turn out? What did she say?

Was it anything like this actual secretly recorded audio of a trip to a psychic?

Paul
            mr. ogata--

(btw, this is sasilicious, of the "too much attention to your dog's poopy-pucker" myspace fame; also of the "egad, a dozen cocopuffs from liliha bakery is a bit too much" fame)

haccome your link leads me to barnes & noble?

as for lan...i went to her about five years ago after completely breaking up with an abusive ex. of course i asked her about future relationship stuff; i'm still seeing if what she said ends up being true.

what i didn't expect was this==she INSISTED i had an older brother. um, no. i am my parents' only brat, and have been for mumble years. but she insisted my DAD had a child with another woman...and that he didn't find out she had been preggers until she left the country.

it took me three weeks to ask my mom about this. one day, i called my mom and just plain old asked her. her answer?

YES.

since then, i've found out that my dad (who was in the philippines at the time) dated a blonde Peace Corps American for a time, and she realized she was pregnant near the end of her time in the PI. knowing that my father was not yet ready to be a father, she didn't tell him when she left that she was preggers. later, he found out through mutual friends. however, his former lover made sure that he would not be able to contact/locate her in the States.

i was able to confirm this with my dad's side of the family, who also didn't know about this until i asked them, and they checked around with my father's friends. i guess i should mention that my dad died when i was ten, so i can't ask him myself. i've tried to locate the blonde American, but no one seems to remember her last name, or perhaps she's now married to someone else, or perhaps people just don't want me to find her.

i haven't gone to lan since then because i haven't had any need (like someone earlier said--most people go to a psychic not for actual new information, but to confirm something they already know but need something/someone more "mystic" to confirm). and honestly, she was wrong about one detail (she told me my ex had gotten a tattoo since i last saw him, but when i saw him a couple years after, he hadn't gotten a tattoo, but then again, she "saw" the tattoo he'd described to me for years that he'd wanted to get).

i expect that, two birthdays from now, i'll be able to tell y'all if she was right on the other important prediction she had for me.
            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Oh.... Sasilicious! So that's why you know about the lawsuit from the Dirty Talking thread. (http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?p=118807)

I'll get the audio back up when I get back home. (I'm doing shows now on the East Coast, so hang tough for a couple of days.)

Your psychic visit was creeeeeepy. (Chicken skin!)

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Ogata View Post
                Oh.... Sasilicious! So that's why you know about the lawsuit from the Dirty Talking thread. (http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?p=118807)

I'll get the audio back up when I get back home. (I'm doing shows now on the East Coast, so hang tough for a couple of days.)

Your psychic visit was creeeeeepy. (Chicken skin!)
                ah, yes, i knew about that bcs I'M DA BOMB, BABY!!!! *wink*
                superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

i totally went as a skeptic. right when i walked in she pointed to my right hand and said "show me you tattoo". i had on long sleeves. how on earth did she know about the dots on my right wrist. i immediately opened my mind. she blew me away. she knew everything about my body, my family (which isn't an easy thing to guess), my relationship, my job.... the future things were strange. some seemed totally off, but i wrote most of it down so we'll see.... apparently i'm going to be on tv. you heard it here first!

i would engourage a skeptic to see her. she was...

*still spinning*
                  life is ok sometimes

Comment

Christa

I read about your entire experience. Spooooooky. I want to go the next time I head back to the islands. Is there a phone number I can call to make an appointment? Or do I just walk up?

Sasilicious, try the link now. It should work.

Paul

Comment

i actually found it off this very thread. she is taking appointments for january now. CALL HER PAUL!! 595-2207

it was so amazing. obviously i didn't get too detailed here but damn. i'll tell you more about it when you come back. when are you coming back?
                      life is ok sometimes

Comment

Lan Vo once told me some amazing things about a man I knew. But she was wrong about something. She said, "His name is HAN". His name is AHN.

Comment

I saw Lan at an old, big house I think it was Kaimuki.

This was around 1993-94.

Me and my lady sat in the waiting area where there was a huge painting of Lan on the wall.

My significant other walked in to see her first, walked out a few minutes later.

My turn. I walk in and see her at a table. I sit across her and see that she has a deck of cards. She asks me to pick a card which I do.

From that single card, Lan began telling me things about my life.

The one thing she kept focusing on though, was something that I wasn't really expecting...she kept telling me not to commit suicide.

She said it would hurt my Mother the most if I killed myself. She repeated this several times during my reading and you know what? I was contemplating it a lot at that point in my life.

She also told me about my significant other who she had just seen...Lan said that she didn't really love me, she loved me llike a brother, not as a husband.

Lan also said that my wife hated men and loved money.

The one thing Lan didn't get right-- she told me I would meet a Chinese girl and get married, have kids and move to the mainland. That never happened.

Then again, maybe she was just telling me that because she didn't want me to end myself.

I dunno

Comment

Originally posted by pumpkinboy View Post
                            I saw Lan at an old, big house I think it was Kaimuki. This was around 1993-94. From that single card, Lan began telling me things about my life.

The one thing she kept focusing on though, was something that I wasn't really expecting...she kept telling me not to commit suicide.

She said it would hurt my Mother the most if I killed myself. She repeated this several times during my reading and you know what? I was contemplating it a lot at that point in my life.
                            Of course that would hurt your mother, and everyone else who knows and loves you.

Lan Vo is a gifted person, and an interesting experience. As long as you don't let her warnings or foresight rule your life. But use it as a tool in how you plan ahead. Been there, done that. I'll put it to you this way: she knew some very personal details about my girlfriend (even an ex-girlfriend!) - and ME. Talk about making your jaw drop.

Lan Vo is VERY accurate. I will say that. She'll tell you about your family's past and present, and your life in entirety (including future guidelines), SPOT-ON. On some stuff she's off, but mostly on.

On my one and only session with her, it was $70/half-hour, and worth every penny.

What you will need if you do decide to see Lan is an OPEN MIND, and leave it at that.

Isn't she a trip though? With her heavy Vietnamese accent? Lan is very attractive too, I might add.
                            Last edited by Pomai; October 27, 2007, 07:48 PM.
                            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I agree with you Pomai.

After that visit I told my sister about it and she said I shouldn't let her guide my life. That was my only visit.

She was so concerned about me, that I will never forget.

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                              Of course that would hurt your mother, and everyone else who knows and loves you.

Lan Vo is a gifted person, and an interesting experience. As long as you don't let her warnings or foresight rule your life. But use it as a tool in how you plan ahead. Been there, done that. I'll put it to you this way: she knew some very personal details about my girlfriend (even an ex-girlfriend!) - and ME. Talk about making your jaw drop.

Lan Vo is VERY accurate. I will say that. She'll tell you about your family's past and present, and your life in entirety (including future guidelines), SPOT-ON. On some stuff she's off, but mostly on.

On my one and only session with her, it was $70/half-hour, and worth every penny.

What you will need if you do decide to see Lan is an OPEN MIND, and leave it at that.

Isn't she a trip though? With her heavy Vietnamese accent? Lan is very attractive too, I might add.

Comment

You know, I posted to this thread over a year ago, but never did share actual datapoints as to her predictions for my wife and I.

We went to see her in the fall of 2003. She made two predictions, out of several, that my wife wrote down and that we immediately discounted as immensely improbable. As in, "Okay, she's making this crap up."

First, she said we would have a third child. Patently ridiculous. We wanted, and got, only two kids, one girl and one boy. We'd taken medical measures to, as we joked, "close the baby factory." Our family was the perfect size. And there was no way I was going to risk having a second son (I wanted all daughters), and we didn't want to be "outnumbered" by our kids.

Second, she said I would get a new job within the next five years that would pay much more and that I would like better. At the time I was about a year into a job at a small local bank that I loved, a company that is loyal to its employees to a fault, where I could have easily worked the rest of my life if I wanted to. About a year after our visit, I got a big promotion (and a teeny raise).

Well, less than a year after we saw Lan Vo, we found out that we had some kind of superhuman fertility, and were pregnant again. Indeed, those first few weeks were scary, as we weren't sure the pregnancy would hold. But, well, it did. We got that third child, that second son. And you know what? Now our family is the perfect size, and wouldn't you know, our youngest is just about the most adorable rascal you'll ever met.

And earlier this year, much to even my surprise, I left my very stable, very secure, very upwardly mobile bank job to take another job at a smaller company in a riskier industry doing new and unproven things... but having more fun, and yes, making more money. I still have cold sweats about this decision, but you know, I think it was the right one.

As a result, we're keeping our Lan Vo notes in a back drawer, just to marvel at on slow nights. She also said that our family had a lot of travel in its future, which certainly would be another nice prediction to come true!

Comment

Working...
                                X