PZ, the celeb!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PZ, the celeb!

i went online to see and saw..... ME! joji also, apparently, noticed me lurking at the hiff awards. YEAH!! don't downplay it ryan. midweek TOTALLY=celebrity status. at least in my mind

life is ok sometimes

Comment

Oh yick! I love looking at those psuedo celebrity pages because it's an amazing display of ego for no reason! And it's too bad they never print so well.

I think we can safely say that Ryan won't be caught up in some poser event where everyone is climbing all over each other, groping each other and exposing themselves for a MidWeek moment! I always look at them and say to myself "who is that, why are they at a party in a thong bikini or tube top, and why should I care?" Then I ask, does their mom or dad see this? And how do the parents face their friends at Tamari or the golf course?

I'm sure there's a fun little partying clique that feeds off the MidWeek club scene, but it's pretty limited. I guess one or another of the fake-boob set gets picked to pimp football on a newspaper box placard!
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
        I'm sure there's a fun little partying clique that feeds off the MidWeek club scene, but it's pretty limited.
        I disagree. If there wasn't enough readership to support this kind of stuff, then I don't think MidWeek would have ripped off the idea from John Berger in the first place.

Besides, MidWeek's club coverage is pretty limited. You can do better by reading the daily papers and the Weekly to keep up with that crowd.

Comment

Absolutely. And I'm not saying this just 'cause I'm inexplicably featured within its pages. But the "Pa'ina" and other photo spreads in Midweek are a major draw... and not just for the "fake boobs" crowd.

Frankly, the odd occasions where I've showed up in Midweek have always generated more notice and ribbing from friends and coworkers than pretty much any other media outlet, except maybe TV. I'm not a regular Midweek reader, but there are definitely lots of them out there.

That said, I'm sure folks would rather see "fake boobs" than real boobs like me. Must've been a slow "social" week!

Comment

You've got a point, Palolo Joe. That's why the New York Post and Page Six girls sell lots of papers. Like I said, I LIKE LOOKING AT THOSE PICS!

And what I'm saying here is in good fun. I'm certainly not pretty enough to be in these photos like Christa and her gang, but I'm not losing sleep over it. When you start losing sleep over not being in MidWeek, then I think there's a problem!
            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Like I said, I LIKE LOOKING AT THOSE PICS!
              Hey, I admit that I peruse them as well to see if there's anyone I recognize...

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe View Post
                Hey, I admit that I peruse them as well to see if there's anyone I recognize...
                That's quite the avatar, Santa! Someone been naughty?
                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

That's quite the avatar, Santa! Someone been naughty?
                  Just trying to win that avatar contest...

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe View Post
                    Just trying to win that avatar contest...
                    There's a contest?

I'm so far removed from the celeb scene I don't even know (or care) who Joji is. There are so many new actors out there it's hard to remember all of them and most are geared for the younger audiences anyway.

That's why I don't watch the Academy Awards anymore, I really don't know who's walking the red carpet nowdays.

I remember one Saturday when some black guy with lotsa chains and an entourage comes into our green room (I-94/KHVH/98.5) and the guy asks for Rory Wild. I ask him, "Oh you're one of those contestants for Brown Bags?" He laughed and said, "Yeah" Then some I-94 intern pulls me aside and tells me that's Puff Daddy! I look at the intern and say, "Who the heck is Puff Daddy?" I'm just an old fart I guess.
                    Last edited by craigwatanabe; December 4, 2006, 10:10 AM.
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                      There's a contest?
                      Yep. Come on, Craig, give it a whirl!
                      [...]"Who the heck is Puff Daddy?" I'm just an old fart I guess.
                      According to the age thread I'm the oldest HT fut...so far. But, holey moley Craig, even I know who Puff Daddy is. He's the little guy, great musician, who changed his name to a symbol. I think he dated one of the Pointer Sisters in the 80s.

Comment

Oh yick! I love looking at those psuedo celebrity pages because it's an amazing display of ego for no reason! And it's too bad they never print so well.

I think we can safely say that Ryan won't be caught up in some poser event where everyone is climbing all over each other, groping each other and exposing themselves for a MidWeek moment! I always look at them and say to myself "who is that, why are they at a party in a thong bikini or tube top, and why should I care?" Then I ask, does their mom or dad see this? And how do the parents face their friends at Tamari or the golf course?

I'm sure there's a fun little partying clique that feeds off the MidWeek club scene, but it's pretty limited. I guess one or another of the fake-boob set gets picked to pimp football on a newspaper box placard!
                        i actually like the spotted and xposure shots in the midweek. the people always look so lively and fun. i don't see how it can be such an amazing display of ego more to get a feel for an event or venue. at least that's how i always viewed them. having fun combing through the shots looking for familiar faces is just another way to enjoy this town, at least for me. and you know it's not like when you're out wherever enjoying life and get stopped by someone with a camera you know what the hell they are taking pictures for-- i was at a store in the mall on saturday and there were 6 people with those cameras. SIX. in a STORE.
                        and as for feeding off the midweek-- i SERIOUSLY doubt anyone is doing this.
                        actually, i don't know but this comment seems like a pretty harsh dismissal.
                        life is ok sometimes

Comment

I was featured on a SPOTTED! page once when I got my picture taken at the W with some friends.

The caption next to my name read "Partygirl and Socialite". I have never been nor will I ever be, a partygirl and socialite. I gave my consent thinking they'd just use my first and last name. I was fine with that and having my picture taken because hell, I thought I looked good!

I got crap from my boss and friends shortly thereafter. It really pissed me off that I was associated with that kind of lifestyle just by the use of two words. Weeks later, we found out that those words were used because a friend jokingly mentioned it to the photographer.
                          Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                          We're not here to mess around
                          Boston, you know we love you madly
                          Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                          Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                          You know we couldn't live without you
                          Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by christa View Post
                            i actually like the spotted and xposure shots in the midweek. the people always look so lively and fun. i don't see how it can be such an amazing display of ego more to get a feel for an event or venue. at least that's how i always viewed them. having fun combing through the shots looking for familiar faces is just another way to enjoy this town, at least for me. and you know it's not like when you're out wherever enjoying life and get stopped by someone with a camera you know what the hell they are taking pictures for-- i was at a store in the mall on saturday and there were 6 people with those cameras. SIX. in a STORE.
                            and as for feeding off the midweek-- i SERIOUSLY doubt anyone is doing this.
                            actually, i don't know but this comment seems like a pretty harsh dismissal.

I absolutely do not get a feel for any venue when I see these photos. How could you? They are just pictures of people posing. It's obvious you like this sort of exposure, and if you want even more then there's your Web site. I don't have to change my opinion about what I think of these photos. I'm certainly not expecting anyone else to change how they feel about them, either. Why care if some people like them or not? I get my MidWeek for free and I look at them. But I'm more looking for that Safeway ad and the recipes than I am looking for the club "seens." Say what you feel. I do.
                            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

lol, ok. it's not that i was trying to change any opinions. i read how you guys are in here. ha ha you absolutely say what you feel.

the venue feel thing? ah, it's mainly by what sorts of people are in the shots, you know. like i guess i know if i'm going to check out lulus on a friday i wouldn't dress the way they do at the W. that's all. i'm sure you don't care or understand but the truth is i really love the nightlife, etc. here and make sure i'm archiving it because i know it [me?] won't last forever. whatever the papers do as far as photos [any photos] is interesting to me as well.

no worries. it's not the first time someone has dismissed the photos i take and i'm sure it won't be the last. i made that site for my friends/family and i guess whoever is interested. absolutely not to piss anyone off. what i really feel bad about is never being able to see the article on ryan
                              life is ok sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by christa View Post
                                what i really feel bad about is never being able to see the article on ryan
                                Whaddaya mean? It's up now.

Comment

Working...
                                X