Alec Baldwin's Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alec Baldwin's Rant

My father has said worse to me. Sounds like he is just trying to get his kid in check, but who knows.

She was sooooo shaken that she had the presence of mind to give the call to the right people to get it to the media...she must be scared for life.

For all we know, she could be a spoiled little Satan of a child. Perhaps he has bad parenting skills...

Being a parent is the ONE job no body is truly qualified for, yet everyone does it. Nothing can prepare you 100% for dealing with children, and anyone with kids, I am sure they have lost their cool at least once.

I am not saying it is right, just saying it could be an isolated case, who knows. If this were some lady in the grocery store yelling at her kid, would it make the news?
    flickr

An email from God:
    To: People of Earth
    Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

Comment

I understand Basinger violated a court order to release that recording... if the judge wanted to make a point, he'd put her in the clink for a few days.

That father-daughter relationship probably needs some professional intervention at this point. From the sound of things, mom is using the daughter as a vehicle to hurt dad, and dad, being a jackass, happily obliges.

That doesn't only happen in celebrity divorces.... ordinary people do that all the time as well.

I hope the kid tells a judge she wants to live with Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt. Kim and Alec should both be hung by their toenails.
      Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
      We're not here to mess around
      Boston, you know we love you madly
      Hear the crowd roar to your sound
      Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
      You know we couldn't live without you
      Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
        I hope the kid tells a judge she wants to live with Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt.
        LOL!!!!!!!!!
        flickr

An email from God:
        To: People of Earth
        Date: 9/04/2007
        Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
        God

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
          Kim and Alec should both be hung by their toenails.
          My sentiments, exactly! Except I wasn't as nice.
          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
            Judging from previous incidents like this one (that was inflicted upon an adult), I would say that Alec Baldwin is one cheetah who hasn't changed his spots.

Miulang
            I've witnessed more celebrity outbursts than I care to remember. Only once can I remember one directed at me. When the rest of the film crew booed the "star", the "star" apologized to me...outside the stage, just he and I, he while whispering. He wasn't man enough to apologize in front of the crew so when we walked back onto the stage I announced loudly that I got an apology outside and that it was slightly better than nothing. I've also witnessed directors exhibiting this same, obnoxious behavior.

When that kind of behavior is directed at a child I walk off the set and call the union. I refuse to continue working on the project. This has happened only twice in over 40 years but I remember these incidences as if they were yesterday. I've also had parents slap the ca-ca out of their kids when the children didn't want to audition. The kids, out of fear, would finally relent and come into my office, eyes red and swollen from crying. I bring the child into my studio, alone, and ask them what they'd rather be doing in that moment. It's always..."playing with my friends". I give a big hug and tell them that that's what they're gonna do; that they don't have to be at my office and I'll still love 'em even if they play with their friends. Then I bring the parent in and, in front of the child, tell the parent what the child and I discussed; that I completely agree with the child; that the child doesn't want to audition and will not be forced to; and the parent can call me at any time to discuss my decision. I often wonder what exchange happens between parent and child after they leave my office.

Baldwin's behavior is not atypical for people in the industry. There are as many reasons for it as there are people who act like a$$h0!3$. We, as adults, have the wisdom and power to do something about it when it's directed at us, be it walking away, quitting a project, calling the police, filing a law suit, yada, yada. But...a CHILD and not just any child in this case but his own child...a child needs to be protected from this kind of behavior. I have no idea if AB's daughter has behavioral issues but, IF she does, I can certainly understand why. And who knows what she's been subjected to from both sides as she's been caught in a tug of war. Children learn what they live and they live what they learn.

Be it physical or emotional...abuse IS abuse. Abuse is not acceptable. And, yes, we all lose it because we're human. It's up to each of us to learn from our mistakes and, hopefully, not repeat them.

Comment

Originally posted by nikki View Post
              What does everyone think about Alec Baldwin's rant on his daughter's cell phone voice mail?
              A typical conversation between me and my dad.

Lucky thing, telephone no can send slippah over the line.
              Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                hmm...it isn't unusual for me to have dropped calls, calls that go straight to vmail even when I have "four bars", or playing phone tag with people (they call, I see they are calling, I push the button to answer, it blinks straight into my vmail which I don't realize, then I call back, and get their vmail).
                Let me guess. Cingular?
                "Luke, help me take this mask off. Just for once, let me look at you with my own eyes. No, it turns the other way, Luke. To the left. No, to your left. Push down and twist. Line up the little arrows. Never mind, I'll do it."

Comment

Alec Baldwin on the View today says he had never done that kind of thing before. And most of the people who responded have been abused and they are responding to him because they have been abused.

Also he said he took his anger out on his daughter instead of his ex wife.

He managed to promote his new book he is writing, his website, and let everyone know his ex wife is holding his daughter hostage. And how horrible she is.

He didn't want to comment on whether he is speaking to his daughter or not now.
                  Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                  Sharing withother survivors...
                  www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
                    Alec Baldwin on the View today says he had never done that kind of thing before. And most of the people who responded have been abused and they are responding to him because they have been abused.

Also he said he took his anger out on his daughter instead of his ex wife.

He managed to promote his new book he is writing, his website, and let everyone know his ex wife is holding his daughter hostage. And how horrible she is.

He didn't want to comment on whether he is speaking to his daughter or not now.
                    The more I watch AB try to clean this up, the deeper the hole he digs for himself.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                      The more I watch AB try to clean this up, the deeper the hole he digs for himself.
                      I agree. He really should keep his mouth shut after saying something such as...since this is a regretable, personal issue that involves my daughter I have chosen not to comment any further. But, I think he and Kim have such a vendetta going that that will keep getting in the way of protecting the child.

Comment

If he would just apologize and repair, it would be different but he just keeps sinking down into the pit of anger.

He can't stop bashing his wife and pleading his side of the story and it makes him look scummy.

He looks like every other A-Hole who is bashing his ex wife and kid.
                        If he really is into the plight of the "father" and the court system as he says then he would shut his mouth and quit doing all the dirty politic talk.

My hubby was a single father and gained full custody of his son. He has never said a dirty word about his ex.
                        Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                        Sharing withother survivors...
                        www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                          I agree. He really should keep his mouth shut after saying something such as...since this is a regretable, personal issue that involves my daughter I have chosen not to comment any further. But, I think he and Kim have such a vendetta going that that will keep getting in the way of protecting the child.
                          My God.

This is his DAUGHTER, fer crapsakes. SHE IS TWELVE YEARS OLD. Has he no sense??

Our most precious gifts are our children. Has he lost all sense of priority??

IMHO, he should ask for a court-appointed social worker to be assigned to the matter and he should seek peace with his little girl. PRIVATELY.

And as a Grandma x 7----where the F is Grandma in all of this? Personally, I would be smacking him upside the head---REALLY HARD PERHAPS DRAWING BLOOD---and doing damage control with the little pumpkin he very well may have irrevocably harmed. I have seen his mother at fund raising things in NY---very involved with "causes." Pehaps she should adopt this one. This is just a Grandma talking, of course. No need to pay attention.

A disgusting situation.

BTW, Alex Baldwin graduated from Massapequa High School in NY----same as my kids graduated from.

Just tying into the "wen grad" Hawaii thing here.
                          Last edited by WindwardOahuRN; April 27, 2007, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyWilliams View Post
                            The choice words he used kinda involves his ex Kim Basinger.
                            And remember when this audio got aired he backtracked and claimed he loves his daughter.
                            The frustration and mommy telling doting daughter daddys evil got him ranting like that over the phone.
                            Makes me wonder who submitted that to the media?

:looks at Kim:
                            No father should ever speak to his daughter like that. The relationship between fathers and daughters is so important and so delicate this has the potential to color that girls life for years to come. However, why in the hell did KB or whom ever did it release the information the press? Talk about damage, now the world knows how this man speaks to his daughter particularly her friends. Will they taunt her about her relationship with her father? In my opinion that is just as damaging as the original phone call. It’s difficult to have an onion with out knowing the family dynamics but this should have never been made public.
                            Last edited by greentara; April 29, 2007, 08:40 AM.
                            "When you dance there are two of you, your spiritual self and your physical self. The spirit has to dance." ~ Aunty Mae Ulalia Loebenstein

Comment

Working...
                            X