Paris Hilton: Justice is Served?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Paris Hilton: Justice is Served?

unbelieveable....totally believeable when it comes right down to it. Being confined to HER house is NO punsihment.

What MAJOR BULLSH*T !

This is just infuriating.
    http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
    Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
    Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
      Just who is this Dr. Sophy?
      Too bad his name isn't "Sophy, Dr. Phil O."

Comment

So....money can buy a diagnosis or anything a person may "need?"

Figures!
        Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

At this point, people should just boycott the Hilton hotels.
          Let's start with the Hilton-owned hotels and other establishments in Hawaii first.

And for those inmates who pitied Paris and tried to cheer her up, y'all got burned. Pretty rich girl gets to go home while y'all spend another long night in jail.
          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

PH has been ordered to appear in court Friday morning at 9am sharp. The city attorney filed a petition calling for possibly holding the sheriff in contempt for releasing her early. Maybe she'll be going back. We can only hope.

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp View Post
              PH has been ordered to appear in court Friday morning at 9am sharp. The city attorney filed a petition calling for possibly holding the sheriff in contempt for releasing her early. Maybe she'll be going back. We can only hope.
              Ya beat me to it, this is cool, lol, maybe justice does exist?

Comment

Can only imagine that in a couple of days, we'll see a bejewelled ankle bracelet done up to match her dog!

Can only hope that she'll actually leave house arrest to get a pedicure or something and breach her house arrest!

On another note, Conan made me laugh last night when he said Nicole Ritchie is pregnant, but Nicole denied it saying, "she ate a grape".

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp View Post
                  Indeed, this miscarriage of justice must be overturned.
                  CNN has the updated story at this link. Methinks that Princess Hilton better enjoy a good meal tonight before returning to jail food tomorrow.
                  Me-also-thinks the DA's office ought to take a real hard look at the Sheriff's finances and any recent increase in his net worth.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

awesome stuff,lol!
                    flickr

An email from God:
                    To: People of Earth
                    Date: 9/04/2007
                    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                    God

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                      Indeed, this miscarriage of justice must be overturned.
                      CNN has the updated story at this link. Methinks that Princess Hilton better enjoy a good meal tonight before returning to jail food tomorrow.
                      Me-also-thinks the DA's office ought to take a real hard look at the Sheriff's finances and any recent increase in his net worth.

Unfortunately, this is alot more serious than just hating Paris for being a deplorable rich brat. This is our justice system being bitch slapped in the face with a wad of money. I'm glad the judge is taking this course of action. I really hope he foolows through because this is really something that could set people off....me included.

I usually don't pay any mind to this celebrity crap, but this is more serious that who is boinking who, who is getting divorced or cheating on their spouse...all of which are PRIVATE matters....This one concerns the very cornerstone of our country...Justice.

I say, give her her full sentence and book that frikken Police officer too.
                      http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                      Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                      Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

I agree with you completely, Tikiyaki. The issue isn't necessarily the particular person involved, it's the problem with the system.
                        That said (and I hate using that term), what really ticks me off about the Paris/Lindsay/Nicole/Brittany types is that many young girls actually do look up to them (and emulate them) as role models.
                        And here's another thought -- if she was released because of a "medical condition", why was she allowed to go home instead of to the jail ward of a hospital?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

huh. Just listened to Mark Geragos on Larry King's show saying that he thinks it would be double jeopardy if the Judge tries to send Paris Hilton back to jail tomorrow because she turned herself in, the Sheriff had authority to release her (according to Geragos), the judge has no control over the Sheriff (again according to Geragos) and thus she cannot be made return to jail. According to Geragos, at least in LA, the Sheriff's authority to release prisoners regardless of the prisoner's actual sentence (due to "overcrowding" and lack of resources) has been well fought out already and the Judge will not prevail in upsetting the current arrangement. That really doesn't seem right to me, that essentially the Sheriff can decide to release people willy nilly regardless of their actual sentence.

Comment

Ya beat me to it, this is cool, lol, maybe justice does exist?
                            Nope. It's only justice when we can lift the ban on corporal punishment. That way we can cane her pretty white butt.

She might enjoy it for the first 10 whacks but after 25, nah.

P.S. Come on, ACLU. Flame me.
                            Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
                              According to Geragos, at least in LA, the Sheriff's authority to release prisoners regardless of the prisoner's actual sentence (due to "overcrowding" and lack of resources) has been well fought out already and the Judge will not prevail in upsetting the current arrangement.
                              Absolute Judicial Immunity (double edged sword). The judge can do whatever he wants -- he can even get involved in issues that he has no jurisdiction in. THAT has been well fought out already (Stump v Sparkman). I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up locking her up in another county.

Comment

• This Just In!

Judge ordered the LA Sheriff's Dept. to bring Paris to the courthouse...

Looks like she's going BACK TO JAIL

Hallelujah.
                                Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                                We're not here to mess around
                                Boston, you know we love you madly
                                Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                                Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                                You know we couldn't live without you
                                Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Working...
                                X