Constantine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Constantine

Er, isn't this a movie thread? There's a place for "smoker hate" out thataways...

Okay, fine. True, Keanu's smoking is a significant element of the plot, and yes, it's shown as bad and as something that's killing him. But hell, "bad guys" do all sorts of bad things... and they're often seen as the coolest characters in any film. Watch for teens dressing up as Keanu's character in "Constantine" this Halloween, cancer sticks and all.

That said, I wouldn't say the presence of any smoking in a film indicates an endorsement (intentional or not) of the practice. After all, smoking was a big part of the "The Insider," and I don't think anyone came away from that wanting to take a puff.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
      smoking was a big part of the "The Insider," and I don't think anyone came away from that wanting to take a puff.
      shoulda seen da dozens of smokers midway thru da flik suckin it up outside, back then!

Comment

Just wondering, any of you who saw this flick - have you read the John Constantine: Hellblazer comics?
        I am Jack's absent signature.

Comment

I did. It was a little weird to see dark-haired American Keanu playing Constantine, who is supposed to be modeled after Sting. But I thought the film was pretty close to the spirit of the comic book.

Comment

Nope, never read the Hellblazer comic.

Comment

Working...
            X