Movies I Really Like that Aren't on DVD Yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Movies I Really Like that Aren't on DVD Yet

That would be Khigh Dhiegh, who played Steve McGarrett's arch enemy, Wo Fat. One of the best TV bad guys ever!
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o
      ok, there IS this movie...it was made in the mid 1980's. It was a thriller. About rich high school kids. And murder. And the killer liked to listen to opera, which would blare from the stereo of the murderer's fancy car.

...and damn if I cannot remember the flick's name. But it kept me hanging on until the twist at the end. Is this movie on dvd or not? I've no clue. But once I can find out the name of this movie, off to google it I go.
      Wasn't it "Diva"? It had a Leontyne-Price type character as the opera singer who gets kidnapped, I think. It was a terrific movie!

Comment

i think the movie diva was great too, but i don't think it's the movie he/she was asking about

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...s=dvd&v=glance

cuz the kid who has the tape isn't rich at all. remember he's chased by the bad guys on his little motorcycle.

on the other hand, i could be wrong!
        525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Originally posted by shaveice
          but i don't think it's the movie he/she was asking about

he/she?!?!?!

A "she" tis I. Note the avatar. The likeness is Un. Canny.

crap. Its NOT Diva. no, these were rich american white kids, and the actors were those st elmo's fire-type that were so popular in the 80's, and promptly forgotten ever since.

I must continue my search.

pax

Comment

hi,

the reason i wrote he/she is cuz i was too lazy to scroll down to see whose comments i was referring to. i just recalled that she was suggesting that the movie might be "diva". (in case you haven't seen it, i'd recommend it; good movie)

when you do figure it out, let us know what the title is. (can you give us more clues?)
            525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Until the End of the World by Wim Wenders.

Read about it here.

It's one of my all time favorite movies, ever.

Oh, and hello

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                Under the Yum Yum Tree. Amusing Jack Lemmon / Carol Lynley picture that I'm suprised doesn't get shown on television very much. A nice, sweet film.
                I just saw this on TMC (via TiVo) and boy is it bad. I hadn't seen it since I was fourteen and I can sorta see what the appeal was then, but that's pretty much all gone now. Jack Lemmon even hated the film; he hated it while he was shooting it and he hated his character, but he was under obligation to the studio to make it. Just really not a good movie at all.
                But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

"John Goldfarb, Please Come Home"
                  Burl Burlingame
                  "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                  honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Working...
                  X