Coming Soon From Marvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coming Soon From Marvel

Well "True Believers" ....as Stan Lee would say....Marvel Studios has picked an actor to play Iron Man:
    Marking his first lead role in a big-budget action movie, Robert Downey Jr. will be putting on the "Iron Man" suit for Marvel Studios. Downey will play Iron Man and his alter ego Tony Stark, a wealthy industrialist who invents a high-tech suit of body armor giving him superpowers when he is kidnapped.

In the comics, Stark was an alcoholic, a trait that will undoubtedly draw public comparisons with Downey's own struggles with substance abuse. However, Feige said the first pic won't deal with Stark's alcohol problems, though it would likely come up in potential sequels.
    I think they made a great choice. Not too big a star ,but a good strong actor.

The whole article can be read here .
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Comment

I'd love to see a Marvel movie made about "The Flash" .

Comment

Might be a problem since The Flash is a DC Comics character not a Marvel character.

Comment

They have made several of the movies listed here, but they were such poor quality some were never released (the fantastic four, captain america, etc)
          I heard Silver Surfer was greenlit but all I could find was this

Shang Chi - who remembers this? and why is Luke Cage getting separate movies, I remember them together.

Alot of comics to movies shouldnt have been made. And still shouldnt be, until they have a good script.

Jack Black was attached to the Green Lantern at some point.
          Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Actually Shang Chi had a whole seperate comic and it was in the British Secret Service Fighting his father Fu Manchu.

I'm thinking this was to ride on the TV series Kung Fu's popularity at the time since they are both 70's media.

Here's a Wiki on it.

I think you got it mixed up with Iron Fist who was a white dude. Both guys are cool though and I read alot of their comics growing up.

Also yeah there is a movie in the making and it has some big named people on the project. Also from the wiki:

"A feature film The Hands of Shang-Chi is in the planning stages, with Yuen Wo Ping directing and Ang Lee producing."
            As long as my Wasabeefu Chips, my Tonkotsu Ramen, and my Chocoflakes stocks are good and I live less than 10 miles away from an L&L's all is right in the world. Yes Utah has an L&L's actually they have 2 now.

But I'm all out of Chocoflakes so I'm only 3/4's fine the last 1/4 of my life you can find me in a fetal position rocking back and forth trying and possibly failing to do College Algebra....Sad but true..

Comment

"Marking his first lead role in a big-budget action movie, Robert Downey Jr. will be putting on the "Iron Man" suit for Marvel Studios. Downey will play Iron Man and his alter ego Tony Stark, a wealthy industrialist who invents a high-tech suit of body armor giving him superpowers when he is kidnapped.

In the comics, Stark was an alcoholic, a trait that will undoubtedly draw public comparisons with Downey's own struggles with substance abuse. However, Feige said the first pic won't deal with Stark's alcohol problems, though it would likely come up in potential sequels."

I like Downey but I just can't see him being rugged enough for the role. They always drew Tony Stark as this rugged mustached dude kinda like the 70's Burt Reynold's or the 80's Tom Selleck. But heck anything could happen. I mean Michael Keaton as the Batman was looked down on since he was basically a comedic actor before doing the first Batman movie.
              As long as my Wasabeefu Chips, my Tonkotsu Ramen, and my Chocoflakes stocks are good and I live less than 10 miles away from an L&L's all is right in the world. Yes Utah has an L&L's actually they have 2 now.

But I'm all out of Chocoflakes so I'm only 3/4's fine the last 1/4 of my life you can find me in a fetal position rocking back and forth trying and possibly failing to do College Algebra....Sad but true..

Comment

Posted by helen:

Might be a problem since The Flash is a DC Comics character not a Marvel character.

Thanks for the correction, shows how much I know about comics

Comment

I was a huge Marvel comics fan as a kid, but the only one of those upcoming projects I would be excited about seeing is Thor, and maybe Iron Man. I can't think of who would play Thor, though. Robert Downey as Iron Man seems like a great choice, imo.

The Absorbing Man is a great villain, and I hope he gets some action in Thor or the Hulk. He could even be a villain in a future Spidey movie, since IIRC, Spidey had a few run-ins with him and Titania.

The superhero movie I'm most looking forward to is Spidey 3. I love Sandman and Venom as villains, and the transformation to the black Spidey suit rocks! I can't wait to see this movie.

Comment

Working...
                  X