Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Transformers Movie

Originally posted by helen View Post
    And this begs the question as to why they have the ability to transform from a robot to another form like a car, or a plane, or a boombox or a gun? And why only one alternate form as opposed to having multiple forms? This is something that I wished the movie would have addressed.
    I think they did indirectly.
    Remember Frenzy? And what Bumblebee did in the tunnel?

I also enjoyed the movie a lot and I hope they make a sequel.
    Last edited by helen; July 8, 2007, 09:50 PM. Reason: putting a indent tag to fix the spoiler

Comment

Here are some stills:

http://www.superherohype.com/cgi-bin...e/Movie_Stills

Comment

We had a great time at this movie. Pure entertainment and even though I am not well versed in Transformer lore, I had no problem with the story. Suspension of reality is not a bad thing when it comes to an action movie. I think we're going to go see it again at Dole #8 as recommended by Buzz1941.
        Last edited by glossyp; July 10, 2007, 02:38 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Just another note: How many of you visited the Hoover Dam?

PK and I did this past April. It was magnificent! I touched the Giant Angel's toes and walked around the Hoover Dam. As I watched the movie it brought backed memories. We also went to the Grand Canyon so we drove over both sides. The view is absolutely awesome.

To keep on topic..heheheh. I kept thinking maybe it is Sector 7. Maybe das why they made the Big Giant Golden Wing Angels. It is said to withstand all destruction and the test of time. Who knows what lurks beneath the Dam? heheheh

Optimus Prime
          Last edited by 1stwahine; July 10, 2007, 02:56 PM.
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I missed the whole Transformers craze I think I was a teenager by then so didn't really get into it. This movie version looks very violent so I don't think I'm bringing the kids to this one. Megan Fox is in this one, wow appropriate name too!

Aj

Comment

A coworker of mine took his kids based on the title alone, having only vague memories of the animated series. It turned out to be a lot more intense than he expected. He enjoyed it, such as it was, but I think the kids were mostly stunned by the spectacle.

As many have said, he felt the action would have been more impressive if you could actually see it -- rather than frenetic camera motion and jump cuts designed to give you a headache. You only actually get to watch a "transformation" (one of the favorite parts of the show for kids) one or two times. Every other time a Transformer "transforms," it's so blurry you might as well be looking into a dishwasher.

Still, I want to see it. I suspect, given that it's Michael Bay, it's just the kind of excess that has to be experienced on the big screen.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                Just another note: How many of you visited the Hoover Dam?
                I remember visiting Hoover Dam when I was in the 6th grade. My brother and I got a huge kick out of being able to get away with saying stuff like "we rode the dam elevator", "we took the dam tour", "we saw the dam store", etc. We were doing it for days after we came back from Vegas. (This was about 20 years before Randy Quaid did it on "Vegas Vacation".)

Comment

I just saw the movie, and I did not know what to think when I came out. To preface the rest of this post, I am a HUGE Transformers fan from back in the day, but I knew that this movie was not about my Transformers.

I really enjoyed the movie, the action was great, a bit too helter skelter for me, like all action movie nowadays, but I still appreciated the effects. That scene where Starscream fights the other jets was amazing. So cool, and exactly like you would imagine it would occur, if transforming robots/fighter planes existed and fought.

But ... this was not a movie about Transformers. It was a movie about people, and robots that transformed were involved in the plot. And I didn't like how they tried to incorporate "flavour" from the TV show (how many times did they say "More than meets the eye"?) in a meaningless fashion. It's like they decided that these lines needed to be in the movie, so they threw it in whenever they felt appropriate. The Transformers did not have enough personality, as far as I am concerned. Just props to an action movie, with the occasional line that is thrown in to induce the old fan to say, "Hey, that sounds like Jazz." I really hope the sequel does a better job in developing the Transformers characters, but I doubt it will. After all, why would anyone want to watch a movie where transforming robots are the stars?

Comment

My wife and I also got out to see this a week ago. It was a spectacle, exactly what we expected. Over the top, long, noisy... yes, too many humans, too many jumpcuts and jerky shots (for a movie titled "Transformers," you only got a good look at 'em actually, you know, transforming a couple of times), and plot holes big enough to shove the Hoover Dam through.

Frankly, it made me feel old. Ah, nothing like suddenly realizing you've fallen out of some key demo, a target market for big budget excess. You kids, get off my lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by ItsGoTime! View Post
                      And I didn't like how they tried to incorporate "flavour" from the TV show (how many times did they say "More than meets the eye"?) in a meaningless fashion.
                      The line got said twice in the movie. And in both times it was never referred to a Transformer but to humans (first to a character and the second to humans in general).

It's like they decided that these lines needed to be in the movie, so they threw it in whenever they felt appropriate.
                      Well I guess it was a better line to use than the line "robots in disguise".

Comment

Originally posted by ItsGoTime! View Post
                        And I didn't like how they tried to incorporate "flavour" from the TV show (how many times did they say "More than meets the eye"?) in a meaningless fashion. It's like they decided that these lines needed to be in the movie, so they threw it in whenever they felt appropriate.
                        Looking back, Dr. Cochrane telling the Enterprise crew that they were on "some kind of Star Trek" in Star Trek: First Contact was a bit more smooth

Comment

Transformers

This was actually a pretty decent film.

The story focuses more on the sci-fi/invasion aspect, while the personality traits of the robots, as actual characters, is minimized.

There is brief hoaky dialog in the battle scene that marks the finale, but that seems to serve as relevant homage to the story's origin in cartoon.

This is one that can be enjoyed by adults AND children.

I was doubtful, and waited until it hit the $1 theater, but it is well worth taking thte kids to see on the big screens at Ward.

A good one to put in kids DVD collection.

Comment

Re: Transformers

Woodman, We have a Thread already on this topic.
                            Transformers The Movie
                            http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthr...t=transformers

Check the FAQ.

Mahalo

Auntie Lynn
                            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Okay, Thanks.

I didn't see this because my list of threads in "the big picture" forum only dates back to Aug 9th (two months). I'll have to adjust my settings.

Put another check mark on the list of "DAH" posts made by woodman.

BTW, anyone know if it is possible for mods to move posts with current control board set-up? If so, please do.

Comment

Originally posted by woodman View Post
                                Okay, Thanks.

I didn't see this because my list of threads in "the big picture" forum only dates back to Aug 9th (two months). I'll have to adjust my settings.

Put another check mark on the list of "DAH" posts made by woodman.

BTW, anyone know if it is possible for mods to move posts with current control board set-up? If so, please do.
                                I believe older thread page counts are set by admin, not by user settings. Some master sections longer than others.

The best thing to do if you're not sure is to SEARCH for what you have in mind before starting a new thread.

Not to fret though, even I sometimes get lazy to search and start a new thread anyway. But I've been an HT member long enough to remember what has or hasn't been discussed here in the past.

I surely ain't gonna' start a thread on the SuperFerry, THAT'S for sure!

As for Transformers, that's certainly a DVD I'll have to rent and watch again when it hits Blockbuster shelves. Not sure if I'd buy the DVD though. I just wanna' get a better look at the robots' CGI work.
                                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
                                X