The Simpsons Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Simpsons Movie

PS - I counted at least 30 references to the great scenes in movie history.
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

http://www.mercurynews.com/search/ci...nclick_check=1

On 22 July, the San Jose Mercury-News sports section had this fun writeup on athletes who've been on "The Simpsons." Be sure to check out the related stories.

Sorry about straying off topic; I couldn't help myself. Hey, there IS a reference to the movie !!!
      Last edited by Palama Kid; July 31, 2007, 02:30 PM. Reason: Movie reference
      Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

Went to see it today.

Sorry to say that I almost fell asleep several times. Not to my taste, I suppose.
        Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

I thought it was kindof funny for an animated movie!!.

Oh by the way...

in the movie theaters, as you are watching a movie, they will start placing advertisements in the middle of every movie that you are watching now!!.

In think that is extremely RUDE!!. My hubby & I just got warned while we sat in the movie theater watching The Simpsons.

GAWD!!.
          Aches & Pains
          (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
            in the movie theaters, as you are watching a movie, they will start placing advertisements in the middle of every movie that you are watching now!!.
            Huh? Are you talking "product placement"? Or is this more like "and now a word from our sponsers...."?

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
              Huh? Are you talking "product placement"? Or is this more like "and now a word from our sponsers...."?
              From the brief announcement we received off of the movie screen, I believe, it is it more like I.E. - "and now a word from our sponsers....", etc.

We get that on TV already, why even have it on the Movie screen? here we are enjoying the movie with our friend(s), &/or loved ones, the'll start placing ads (or something similar) on the bottom of the screen!!. GAWD!!

We really don't need anything like that!!. We would rather enjoy the movie than having to actually read something in a middle of a story on the movie screen!!.

We never had it before, why even start???

We saw the ad/info in the middle of the Simpsons movie.
              Last edited by Serenity; August 20, 2007, 10:26 AM.
              Aches & Pains
              (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
                From the brief announcement we received off of the movie screen, I believe, it is it more like I.E. - "and now a word from our sponsers....", etc.

We get that on TV already, why even have it on the Movie screen? here we are enjoying the movie with our friend(s), &/or loved ones, the'll start placing ads (or something similar) on the bottom of the screen!!. GAWD!!

We really don't need anything like that!!. We would rather enjoy the movie than having to actually read something in a middle of a story on the movie screen!!.

We never had it before, why even start???

We saw the ad/info in the middle of the Simpsons movie.
                Are you talking about the ad ticker? If so, this is a bit of an inside joke, as fake Fox News-style tickers have run on the tv show and Fox forbade the Matt Groening from doing it again.

Comment

That was probably the best gag in the movie, Serenity. Have you ever seen the Fox News Channel, and how it has all that ticker-tape promo hype all over the screen when it's delivering the news? The Simpsons was mocking that (the show airs on the Fox Network).
                  But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                  GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

According to Variety.com, The Simpsons Movie is kicking the pants off of The Bourne Ultimatum overseas.

Comment

Working...
                    X