Children of Men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Children of Men

My wife has posted her review of "Children of Men." I forgot the "12 Monkeys" parallels. Or that Clive Owen was thought to have been the next Bond. Anyway, we ain't Ebert and Roeper, but from us at least, two thumbs up!

I gotta admit, I was a little worried about the film when I saw the official movie poster was basically 90 percent given over to quotes from breathless reviews... usually a bad sign. (And while it got the official, trademarked two thumbs up, it was Roeper and a guest reviewer since Ebert is battling cancer.) But I'd say the praise is deserved.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
      I generally stay out of threads of things I want to see until after I see them. Its kind of common sense to me.
      Also, for the record, I did use a spoiler tag.

Did you watch the Titanic? Did you know before the ship would sink? Did you enjoy the storyline even tho you knew the Titanic would go down? sheesh - its not like we told you everyone dies at the end.

oops.
      Yes, you did - and I didn't go look at it. sheesh - I'm not stupid & generally don't go out of my way to do that. However, several others didn't show that courtesy and they were the ones I was "yelling" at. I certainly apologize if you thought my comment was directed to you. Actually, I hadn't even read yours at that time or I definitely would have complimented your thoughfulness in my earlier posting.

and no, Titanic wasn't at the top of my list for movies. I finally watched it when it was released on DVD. Although, I think that revealing the plot line of a film based on an actual event is much different than revealing details from a work based on fiction.
      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

just some interesting stuff to read if you've already seen the movie:

http://www.scifi.com/sfw/interviews/sfw14281.html

http://www.movieweb.com/news/31/16531.php

also, the scifi channel had a behind the scenes look at the movie tonight: Children of Men: Vision of the Future

A behind-the-scenes look at 'Children of Men' with director Alfonso Cuaron and actors Clive Owen, Michael Caine and Julianne Moore. 30 minutes- None, USA, 2007, (CC), Stereo.

can't find a future listing. hope they air it again...
        525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Thanks for mentioning the "Behind the Scenes" doc. Missed it, but it's in our TiVo in case it's reaired.

I've been reading more on the production work on the film. The two "set piece" scenes I mentioned above were even more complex than I thought... but there was also more editing than I thought, too. (Here's the first minute of one of them.) Kudos to the filmmakers for nonetheless giving such an incredible illusion of pure reality.
          Last edited by pzarquon; January 8, 2007, 06:16 AM. Reason: Adding link to video clip.

Comment

Pull my finger
            Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Working...
            X