Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iron Man Movie

or i could spill the beans and tell you guys
    "Until the color of a mans skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes"

"To devide and rule will only tear us apart. In every mans chest, there beats a heart"

"So feel this drum beat, as it beats within. Playin the rhythym. Resisting against the system"

Comment

Originally posted by Just Me(HI) View Post
      or i could spill the beans and tell you guys
      Use the [spoiler] or [sblock] tag.
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Saw it a second time yesterday late afternoon with a friend. The theater was about 40% full when we entered with more people coming in as the lights went down.

A good number of people actually stayed past the credits to watch the last scene.

Comment

long ass credits huh

hahaha

it was worth it tho
          "Until the color of a mans skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes"

"To devide and rule will only tear us apart. In every mans chest, there beats a heart"

"So feel this drum beat, as it beats within. Playin the rhythym. Resisting against the system"

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
            Saw it a second time yesterday late afternoon with a friend. The theater was about 40% full when we entered with more people coming in as the lights went down.

A good number of people actually stayed past the credits to watch the last scene.
            Maybe some of those latecomers already watched the movie before, but came primarily to watch the ending that they missed out on the first time. It's cool seeing Nick Fury and the setup for the sequel, but I don't think paying the full price of a movie ticket was worth it just to see Samuel L. Jackson's cameo.
            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
              Maybe some of those latecomers already watched the movie before, but came primarily to watch the ending that they missed out on the first time. It's cool seeing ...
              Originally posted by Random View Post
              Use the [spoiler] or [sblock] tag.
              Thanks a lot, buddy. Next time we'd appreciate the spoiler tag...
              Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
              Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
              We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
              Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Nords View Post
                Thanks a lot, buddy. Next time we'd appreciate the spoiler tag.
                There are times that the spoiler tag would be useful and other times it's just gets in the way of a discussion.

If Frankie's Market had posted the info on opening day (or maybe the opening weekend) and it was like the first 5 or 10 responses in the thread, then yes I would agree with your statement.

As it stands now the movie has played for just over 3 weeks, it's being shown on the smaller screens at Ward and the response was the 49th response in this thread. I don't think spoilers are needed here at this point in time if everyone is just discussing the Iron Man movie here in this thread.

Comment

There are times that the spoiler tag would be useful and other times it's just gets in the way of a discussion.

If Frankie's Market had posted the info on opening day (or maybe the opening weekend) and it was like the first 5 or 10 responses in the thread, then yes I would agree with your statement.

As it stands now the movie has played for just over 3 weeks, it's being shown on the smaller screens at Ward and the response was the 49th response in this thread. I don't think spoilers are needed here at this point in time if everyone is just discussing the Iron Man movie here in this thread.
                  Thanks Helen. I would only add that revealing the appearance of
                  Samuel L. Jackson
                  hardly amounts to ruining anyone's enjoyment of watching Iron Man for the first time. But whatevas,....
                  Last edited by helen; May 29, 2008, 08:09 PM. Reason: fixing the spoiler tag
                  This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I think the reader would appreciate having a vote in that choice, especially those who are awaiting the DVD. It's a manini politeness that would be appreciated.
                    We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.

Comment

I think the reader would appreciate having a vote in that choice, especially those who are awaiting the DVD.
                      Maybe those readers should wait until the DVD is released before entering a thread that is clearly talking about a movie that other members have seen and are actively discussing about it within the confines of that thread.

Comment

Can't recall if I posted this or not but I just missed the Hollywood premiere by a couple hours on April 30th, got into Burbank too late to make it in to see the world premiere. I went and saw it at Universal City the next day and paid something like $15 bucks which is the most I've ever paid to see a movie in my life. Loved the recliner chairs they had in the theater. The movie was great, I questioned the casting of Robert Downey, Jr. when I first heard he got the role, now I think it was perfectly cast, the movie had some humor and wit to it that Downey can pull off, whereas other actors may appear to be wooden in doing similiar attempts at humor. I thought the end fight scene with Jeff Bridges was a bit corny though. Otherwise I had a blast seeing it.

Aj
                        Last edited by helen; May 30, 2008, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Maybe those readers should wait until the DVD is released before entering a thread that is clearly talking about a movie that other members have seen and are actively discussing about it within the confines of that thread.
                          I'd think that you'd want people to read your movie reviews to help them decide whether to chase down the DVD. One of the reasons I decided to go to an actual movie theater is the posts on this thread.

If you've already made up your mind then I'm not expecting to change it. For those who may not be aware of them, I'm just pointing out that I think it's more polite to use a spoiler tag. If you already understand spoiler tags and elect not to use them, well, then I think you're also making a different sort of impression.

Comment

Where is the spoiler tag function? With all due respect to the mod, I think it's a good idea. After all you don't want to spoil it for peeps who've never seen the movie yet still leave the thread open for all kinds of discussion.

Comment

I am not against using the spoiler tag, what I am trying to say that after a period of time the use of the spoiler tag may not be effective.

Sure the first few people in a thread would use the spoiler tag but would the future respondents honor the spoiler tag in their replies?

Comment

I'd think that you'd want people to read your movie reviews to help them decide whether to chase down the DVD.
                                Right there is your problem. This is a discussion thread, not a movie review. If you don't want the slightest hint as to what happens in a movie/book before you have had the chance to experience it for yourself, then you simply have to make the choice to avoid reading these kinds of discussions.

If you ask me, the "I nevah saw dis movie yet so no tell me anything" folks are stifling the discussion for those who have already seen it and want to share/exchange their thoughts on it. If you don't want any spoilers, it's as I said above. Simply don't read the movie discussion thread. Nobody's forcing you to read them.

And puh-leeze. Waiting for the movie to be released on DVD before getting the green light to freely talk about a film is going way, WAY too far.

Comment

Working...
                                X