Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Keali'i Reichel DVD (was in Star Bulletin)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Keali'i Reichel DVD (was in Star Bulletin)

New Keali'i Reichel DVD.
    "Kukahi: Keali'i Reichel
    Live In Concert"

Kealii Reichel
    (Punahele Productions)

Kealii Reichel and his Punahele Productions ohana have been setting high standards for the local music industry ever since the release of his debut album, "Kawaipunahele," in 1994. Where many local labels would use synth-track strings in a recording session, Reichel and his producers would hire a string quartet; when many acts considered basic stage lighting sufficient for concerts, Reichel was experimenting with video clips and computer-controlled lighting sequences.

Reichel became one of the first Hawaiian artists to embrace video as a multimedia extension of the familiar album/CD when his label released a full-length concert video, "Kukahi '96." He and his ohana now take another significant step forward with this beautifully produced DVD.
    Last edited by admin; November 10, 2007, 05:45 AM. Reason: Do not copy and paste full orticles, or embed images you don't own or host yourself.

Re: New Keali'i Reichel DVD (was in Star Bulletin)

This DVD has been sitting at my mailing address for over 2 days. With any luck I'll find some time tomorrow to pick it up. Can't wait! Glad to see Dennis get such a good review of his directing skills.

K always puts out a great product.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      This DVD has been sitting at my mailing address for over 2 days. With any luck I'll find some time tomorrow to pick it up. Can't wait!
      Yeah, I got a copy from his mainland publicist yesterday - hoping to watch it this weekend, as I'm doing an interview with him soon.

Comment

I'm putting it on my Christmas list. (yodels) Ya-hoooooo!
        'Alika

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
          Yeah, I got a copy from his mainland publicist yesterday - hoping to watch it this weekend, as I'm doing an interview with him soon.
          I loved it. How 'bout you, LL?

Comment

I loved it. How 'bout you, LL?
            It was good - very much like experiencing all the best aspects of his concerts, what with the long kahiko segment, lots of hula dancing, special guests, etc. He said it was one of their best kukahi shows ever. (I did do an interview with him, btw - it'll be in the December issue, which will be online in mid-January; I'm also going to edit the recording down for use on the radio.)

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
              it'll be in the December issue, which will be online in mid-January
              Correction: I just learned that because of the length of the story, we're going to run it in January instead, as a two-page feature. Online version will be out mid-February.

Comment

Maika'i loa! Can't wait to hear/read it.
                'Alika

Comment

Got a copy as an early Christmas present to myself from Hawaii General Store the other day. Love it! Keali'i is his usual kolohe self on it. Many of his most popular songs are included, and his Mom Lei is in one of the hula as part of the halau ladies with the "hinahina" hair. I especially like the kahiko part of the program.

Since I missed his concert up here last month, this was a nice substitution.

Miulang
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                    [...] and his Mom Lei is in one of the hula as part of the halau ladies with the "hinahina" hair.[...]
                    I noticed her during that hula as I was impressed that there was someone from my generation dancing in K's halau! I thought it was so cute when, after the dance, he kept calling out, "Ma. Ma. MA." 'til she finally came over and gave him a kiss!!! That's when I realized who that dancer was.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                      his Mom Lei is in one of the hula as part of the halau ladies with the "hinahina" hair.
                      I noticed her during that hula as I was impressed that there was someone from my generation dancing in K's halau! I thought it was so cute when, after the dance, he kept calling out, "Ma. Ma. MA." 'til she finally came over and gave him a kiss!!! That's when I realized who that dancer was.
                      On this topic, from my to-be-published interview with him: My mada is my mada. In hālau, kinda hard, yah, ‘cuz she’s my student. I have others correct her because I cannot, I cannot correct my own mada. I no like get lickens. Ma isn’t ma, she’s “Mrs. Reichel.”

Comment

I'm still waiting for "Keali'i Reichel: Kukahi - Live In Concert [HD DVD]" to arrive from deepdiscount.com. It is still listed as backordered.

Comment

Originally posted by kdramafan View Post
                          I'm still waiting for "Keali'i Reichel: Kukahi - Live In Concert [HD DVD]" to arrive from deepdiscount.com. It is still listed as backordered.
                          The release date for the HD version kept getting delayed, due to "production issues" - latest official release date was yesterday (12-7), so they might still be awaiting shipment on it.

Comment

Working...
                          X