X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Worst Covers You've Ever Heard?

Originally posted by jdub View Post
    One word: Jawaiian. That is all.
    Amen to that. 99% of it bores me to tears.
    You wanna have some fun, watch what happens when Willie K hears a Jawaiian band. He'll scream at the wanna-be Rastafarians. Seriously. Scream.
    I take a different tack. I like to ask 'em to tell me about Haile Selasse, then I just chortle at the blank looks on their faces. Not a single one has been able to answer the question.
    Made Uncle Wilie laugh, tho.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Another cover I hate is William Hung doing "She Bangs."

Do you think that some of those bad contestants who have been on "American Idol" audition for it because they really do think they're good or just to get on TV and show off?
      'Alika

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
        LB is terrible
        Originally posted by jdub View Post
        One word: Jawaiian. That is all.
        *raises hands wildly in agreement*
        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

One of my biggest beefs with local music (and it includes Jawaiian) is if it wasn't for covers a good sized chunk of it wouldn't exist. Some times I like it but most of the times a cover just leaves me flat.

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
            One of my biggest beefs with local music (and it includes Jawaiian) is if it wasn't for covers a good sized chunk of it wouldn't exist. Some times I like it but most of the times a cover just leaves me flat.
            word. especially if they cover 70's/early 80's Motown. No one can/should touch that.
            Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Working...
            X