• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tutusue
    replied
    Re: Journey: New Lead Singer Arnel Pineda

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    I don't have it handy, but his Email is listed at the bottom of his Mid Week column - Uncle Tom's Gabbin
    He's never responded to mine tho...
    Tom tends to have his pulse on the entertainment scene. I wouldn't be surprised if he already had his pulse on Journey!

Leave a comment:

• Ron Whitfield
    replied

I don't have it handy, but his Email is listed at the bottom of his Mid Week column - Uncle Tom's Gabbin
    He's never responded to mine tho...

Leave a comment:

• Maui Tom
    replied

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    From the recent reviews and sounds of Revelation, it seems the band are content to tread familiar waters to assure fans that they are still the same band. But if they want to make #1 hits and be as profound as the Perry era was, they need to step it up and write beyond their current boundries. It'd be a shame if they just rehashed the same old safe territory without breaking new ground, as the band did repeatedly with Steve, and I think they can. But, in this day of homoginized cookie cutter packaging and airplay, it won't be easy to break away from the familiar and keep everybody happy.
    Revelation is getting GREAT reviews and Arnel is really hitting his stride...

How do I get a hold of Tom Moffat?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EmmoxWTm5I

Leave a comment:

• Ron Whitfield
    replied

From the recent reviews and sounds of Revelation, it seems the band are content to tread familiar waters to assure fans that they are still the same band. But if they want to make #1 hits and be as profound as the Perry era was, they need to step it up and write beyond their current boundries. It'd be a shame if they just rehashed the same old safe territory without breaking new ground, as the band did repeatedly with Steve, and I think they can. But, in this day of homoginized cookie cutter packaging and airplay, it won't be easy to break away from the familiar and keep everybody happy.

Leave a comment:

• Maui Tom
    replied

first night of tour with Heart and Cheap Trick...Denver.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zS5WsDguhEY

Leave a comment:

• na alii
    replied

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
    I just watched the DVD that comes with the new CD. Pifffffftastic!
    I must agree. I also bought Revelation.

Leave a comment:

• Mike_Lowery
    replied

I just watched the DVD that comes with the new CD. Pifffffftastic!

Leave a comment:

• Kalihiboy
    replied

Beautiful story CBS Morning did. Journey sold out what 5 shows in a row in 1983 at the Blaisdell?? About 5 years ago at the time Steve Augeri I think his name was, they sold out 2 or 3 shows as well which shows the staying power and popularity of this group. I bet if they come back to play another sold out show or two.

I liked "Still they Ride", "Feelin' That Way", "Seperate Ways", "I'll Be Alright Without You" ( I think current American Idol judge Randy Jackson was bassist then).

Aj

Leave a comment:

• Kungpao
    replied

Bought the CD at Walmart yesterday after I got out of work. Very weird to me to buy a CD and not just download MP3's Big thumbs up! I was going to DL but for around $1 more, I bought the CD's and it came with the DVD so I couldn't go wrong.

Now I'll have 2 famous last names in the family that I can claim are my distant relatives LOL. Mine being Feliciano and my cousin's dad's last name is Pineda!

Leave a comment:

• weirdhawaii
    replied

Amazing! Some friends were telling me about him, but I thought they were joking. Now I know haha

Leave a comment:

• DannyWilliams
    replied

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    Viewer beware...have kleenex in hand!

You aint kidding auntie

Towards the end when Arnel's life suddenly hit rock bottom my emotions just went WHOA!

He definately sounds like Steve Perry like but captures the sound and feel of Journey was missing when Perry decided to part ways.

Leave a comment:

• Maui Tom
    replied

DVD clips.....named on the right...unnamed on the left! Whole songs though!

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=9864208

Leave a comment:

• Maui Tom
    replied

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
    Great interview. Very moving. Thanks for the link!

And with that, as soon as I get to Walmart, I'm so buying the new album. Especailly for the live DVD it includes! I hope it goes multi-platinum, and that Arnel receives the fortunes he so deserves. His mom's spirit is certainly behind him all the way. And if they do tour here in Honolulu, I'm also so there.

Hey, what's your favorite Journey song? Mine has always been Only the Young.
    I was in Vegas and it was...yes...magical...I pray to GOD that Arnel's voice holds up...it's a killer catalogue to sing night in and night out...

Leave a comment:

• Ron Whitfield
    replied

Never been a Journey fan, but have always appreciated Neal's guitar work and he was happening the night I caught them at Andrew's many years back. So I don't have a favorite song by them, but after becoming an Arnel fan, I hope to say I have plenty of fave tunes by them once they get into writing some more.

I remember seeing them open for Iron Butterfly at thier inception, touring for the first album when they were more of a progressive style band, but they didn't seem into it and pretty much stunk. Times have certainly changed.

Leave a comment:

• Pomai
    replied

Originally posted by Maui Tom View Post
    Great feature on Arnel from CBS Sunday Morning...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjBtfgJ4E6s
    Great interview. Very moving. Thanks for the link!

And with that, as soon as I get to Walmart, I'm so buying the new album. Especailly for the live DVD it includes! I hope it goes multi-platinum, and that Arnel receives the fortunes he so deserves. His mom's spirit is certainly behind him all the way. And if they do tour here in Honolulu, I'm also so there.

Hey, what's your favorite Journey song? Mine has always been Only the Young.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X