Time for Christmas Songs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Xmas songs

I try to avoid playing Christmas songs at all costs.

I hear 293402342938429374234 different songs when I'm out and about anyway...it's the last thing I'd do!
    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
    We're not here to mess around
    Boston, you know we love you madly
    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
    You know we couldn't live without you
    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
      We start work on creating holiday mixes sometime in July/August, depending on the client, and finish around the first of November. Most businesses want the mix to begin the day after Thanksgiving, but some have requested it as early as the beginning of November (something we will occasionally discourage.)

By the time the general public starts getting into holiday music, we've already dealt with it for several months, so we get a wee bit sick of it mighty quickly.

"Jingle Bell Rock" gives me hives. "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" is a close second. And our `ukulele group performes them both (shudder!)

On the other hand, I think "The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting...)" and "I'll Be Home For Christmas" are beautiful compositions.
      How about Wham's...Last Christmas, what's that do for ya?? hehehe
      Last Christmas I gave you my heart~~ doo doo doo....
      Since when is psycho a bad thing??
      Sharing withother survivors...
      www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
        How about Wham's...Last Christmas, what's that do for ya?? hehehe
        Last Christmas I gave you my heart~~ doo doo doo....
        Yer a mean one ... may your home now be blessed with felines yowling "Jingle Bells."

Comment

I've already started playing some of my Christmas CD's. I started around Halloween. Yeah, you can laugh all you want. E kala mai!
          'Alika

Comment

Aloha everyone. I am new to the threads. My name is Brad White and I have lived in Hawaii since the late 60's. For years I played at the Moana and Halekulani with my duo White Eisenstein. We even won a hoku years ago. I am not playing in public very much these days.

Here are some holiday songs I did and I hope you will enjoy.

http://panflute.net/holidays/

Aloha ... brad
            (pan-flute.com & panflute.net)
            Brad White
            sigpic
            http://www.pan-flute.com

Comment

I hear enough Xmas songs while out shopping--and I'm sure I'll hear plenty more at all the holiday parties I attend. As a result I don't play any songs at my house.

Comment

Re: Time for Christmas Songs?

Not yet...I'm worried about how to play at the Thanksgiving Celebration!

Auntie Lynn
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad White View Post
                  Aloha everyone. I am new to the threads. My name is Brad White and I have lived in Hawaii since the late 60's. For years I played at the Moana and Halekulani with my duo White Eisenstein. We even won a hoku years ago. I am not playing in public very much these days.

Here are some holiday songs I did and I hope you will enjoy.

http://panflute.net/holidays/

Aloha ... brad
                  (pan-flute.com & panflute.net)
                  Brad your music is beautiful! I've always thought musicians were great and made the world a much happier place. I wish I could play something like that!

Good luck in the future and maybe you could help 1stwahines Thanksgiving fest for the homeless since they are in need of some entertainment this coming Saturday... that would be very special!
                  http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showpos...&postcount=176

Comment

Well, I have to admit yesterday I broke down and turned on the Christmas music stations for the kids! We all danced in the livingroom until we fell down!

Funny part?? First Christmas song we heard?? WHAM Last Christmas I gave you my heart....and the very next day you gave it away!

So I dug out my WHAM Christmas CD! Yes, I did! Very fun....I am ready for the holidays now! Seeing the kids dance and play was too much fun.
                    I even pulled out there little bell instruments and they played to the sleigh songs...jing~ jing~ a~ jingling!
                    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                    Sharing withother survivors...
                    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

99.5FM KHUI "The Jewel" on Oahu will be playing Christmas music 24/7, starting tomorrow, Thanksgiving Day.
                      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Speaking of Christmas Songs...

I actually don't know if younger generations (kids) still do it here in Oahu, but I remember from kid times when other kids would go house to house just to sing Christams carrols, I thought that was the cutest things that they did.
                        Aches & Pains
                        (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

I just heard a rendition of "Blue Christmas" today by Elvis Frogsley off some kind of frog CD that "Mynah Bird" played on his radio show in Hilo this morning on KHBC AM 1060. The song is right up there with "Jingle Bells" by the Singing Dogs.

Tis' the Season.
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                          X