Anyone heard the beer song?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone heard the beer song?

My boyfriend says that he heard a song about beer, that goes, in his words, "...something like 'I like beer' with a sort of jah-waiian beat". I think he was drunk because he swears he heard it like three times on 98.5 and now he makes me listen to that station everytime we are in the car. If I have to hear "Skankin'" again, (which they play every 15 minutes on that station), I might run my car off the Pali, and then beat it's crumpled wreck with a baseball bat, and then light it on fire! What the hell is that song even about?

So, my question is, is there a recent, jawaiian "beer song"? If so, what is it really called and how can I listen to it, so I never have to turn on 98.5 in the car again? I just bought that car, so please help, or else how am I going to get to town to go to Kokua Market and get my low priced cumin seeds in bulk?
    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Re: Anyone heard the beer song?

I don't know what beer song he's talking about. But skanking is a type of dancing that is typically done to reggae and ska music.

I you do light your car on fire, let us know. I'd like to see that.

Comment

Tom T. Hall did a song years ago titled "I Like Beer." It's a country song, so maybe it's that one redone.

Comment

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
        Tom T. Hall did a song years ago titled "I Like Beer." It's a country song, so maybe it's that one redone.
        Great post. I had forgotten all about Tom T. Hall. This brings back a lot of memories. Now I'm going to be humming "Sneaky Snake" the rest of the afternoon.

Comment

One of my faves...."Old Dogs, Children, and Watermelon Wine"

I love his music.

Comment

Found it!

Let's Drink Beer by Ikena Dupont
            ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

who's da skank? lol.

i've never heard of "skankin".
              "chaos reigns within.
              reflect, repent and reboot.
              order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

I like Beer, It makes me a jolly good fellow
                I like Beer, It helps me unwind and sometimes it makes me feel mellow
                Whiskey's too rough, Champagne cost too much, Vodka puts my mouth in gear
                This little refrain should help me explain as a matter of fact I like beer.

Actually, I like it all.
                FutureNewsNetwork.com
                Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Working...
                X