1970s music trivia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1970s music trivia

This vocalist sang lead on four Top 40 records in 1970,....but with four different bands. Four years later, he landed another Top 40 hit,..... with a fifth group. Can you name him?
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Re: 1970s music trivia

Wild guess is it Tony Burrows?

Aj

Comment

Tony Burrows with hits for Edison Lighthouse, The Pipkins, Brotherhood of Man and White Plains in 1970; hit #1 with "Beach Baby" by First Class in 1974.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

AJ is right. Tony Burrows was the singer on Love Grows [Where My Rosemary Goes] (Edison Lighthouse), My Baby Loves Lovin' (White Plains), United We Stand (Brotherhood of Man), Gimme Dat Ding (the Pipkens) in 1970. Then in 1974, his voice re-emerged on Beach Baby (First Class).

Most people consider the aforementioned groups as being one-hit wonders. So if you call Burrows a 5 time one-hit wonder, it would not be an oxymoron.
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Working...
        X