Apple Gives Away the New U2 Album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple Gives Away the New U2 Album

U2 has had a long association with Apple. The first special-edition iPod (RED) came loaded with every U2 album to date, and "Vertigo" was the music in a great iPod television commercial. Then, early this year, the iTunes store gave away the single for "Invisible," probably the band's best song in years.

Yesterday, at the end of the big Apple announcement, Bono and Apple agreed to give the new album away to anyone with an iTunes account. That's half a billion potential album giveaways. If you have an iTunes account and haven't taken advantage of this (and if you want to, that is), click "purchased" from the front page of the iTunes store. You should see it waiting there for you, a new album from U2 called Songs of Innocence. Just download it and get busy.

It's a really, really good album after one listen. I love the wistful feel, and there are a few sounds the band hasn't really put on record much, such as distorted power chords on the opening track, "The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)."

"Invisible" is probably going to be my song of the year, and now here is a candidate for album of the year. Go get yours!
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Re: Apple Gives Away the New U2 Album

I don't know about album of the year, but I think I am enjoying the album a lot. Already played it through twice now. Best bargain ever from Apple other than a free copy of OSX (Mavericks).

Somehow I seem to have missed that free single "Invisible". Darn.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

They announced it in a commercial during the Super Bowl. This is why you should watch football once in a while, Mel.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Oh darn. Sports and music? OK. That is only good for half time shows.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
        X