• Show
Clear All

Re: Peaceful Easy Feeling

They're re-running it right now! Channel 2

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne
      They're re-running it right now! Channel 2

Oh man I am so digging it! I'm four years older than my husband (grad 76 to his grad 80) and he doesn't like the Eagles as much as I do, so I'm glad he's at work, LOL. But my big girl enjoys it as much as me. My little girl keeps telling me we need to turn it down or turn off the TV because we're going to bug the neighbors. I think she's in dad's camp. I told her the neighbors were watching it, too. Oh well. She was watching Jeff Beck doing his wah-wah-wah-wonkin' to "Rocky Mountain Way" and decided she needed to get her 4-year-old butt in the tub. But not before she corrected mom's air-guitar techinique.
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by moparmutt
        I was in borders at the alamoana shopping center the other day reading this book about the eagles. It was describing all the fights they had umongst themselves. Something about the mellowed out cali guys fighting strikes me as funny. One section describes a concert where in between songs henly is telling don fielder [sp] he is gonna kick his azz after the show.
        Some of the most hostile, violent people I've met were either from or in the Los Angeles area. I had a boyfriend in college from SoCal who was the epitome of that fake "look how mellow and laid-back I am" bullshit. Mr. Laid-Back got pissed-off drunk one night and pounded me. He loved the Eagles.

I hate the Eagles.

I like a couple of them as individual artists. But that whiney, SoCal boy-band sound really grates on me.

On the other hand, some of my favorite people are from Southern California/L.A. So there you go.
        Last edited by MadAzza; August 28, 2005, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Eagles in Hawaii November 26, 27. Woohoo!

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne
            Eagles in Hawaii November 26, 27. Woohoo!
            Great. I'll make sure my concealed-carry permit is up to date.

Comment

Hawaii doesn't have a concealed carry law.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                Great. I'll make sure my concealed-carry permit is up to date.
                Wow, that reply totally confused me until I scrolled back and read your reply in message #18.
                Sorry to hear you had a bad experience, but please don't blame the Eagles!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Did any of you see the ticket prices to see the Eagles in November? WOW!! Although they are one of my favorite bands , with airfare, hotel. ground trans, and ticket...I'm going to have to miss them.
                  Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                  Flickr

Comment

Being on the Big Island I can't make it to the concerts ....so anybody out there have a review?

Flickr

Comment

Back in 1976 when the Eagles played at Blaisdell Center, I went to that concert for only $14. We had pretty good seats on the floor level and I even have an old cassette recording of this show somewhere. Joe Walsh had just joined the group at the time and the single "Take it to the Limit" was on the Billboard Top 40 the month of the concert. The Eagles Greatest Hits album was I think #1 at the time and Hotel California was still a year away from release. It was a good show.

I won't be going to the latest concerts since they are so expensive these days. For the kind of money they are charging, I could update the rest of my Eagles albums to CD and still have some change to spare.

I hope anyone here going to the concert will have a good time, and like AlohaBear asks, we hope someone provides a review.
                      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Peaceful Easy Feeling in my wallet, thanks to this DVD!

Originally posted by alohabear
                        The DVD comes out on june 14th
                        That would be The Eagles - Farewell 1 Tour - Live From Melbourne Concert DVD (2005)

I bought it when it was first released from Costco at an $18.00 promotional price. A sigh of relief, considering the price of the current concert tickets.

If you can't make the concert, don't fret, this DVD has everything you'd likely see on their tour here. Best of all, you can watch it over and over and over from the best seat in the house. Keep in mind that unlike the Hell Freezes Over tour, this is a "plugged in" concert.

The overall production quality, from mixing to sound and video clarity is as good as it gets.

I only wish they included "Those Shoes" in this concert DVD's playlist. Love that song. Not there. Oh well.

Joe Walsh's wacky rendition of Rocky Mountain way is rather entertaining, and Hotel California is performed flawlessly, as is every other song. A little too flawless actually. But that seems their protocol on this tour - to perform each song as true to the originals as possible.

Read the numerous reviews at this Amazon link. It pretty much explains all you need to know.

I've re-watched it about 10 times already. With that in mind, get this DVD.. you'll love it.

Last I've heard, there's still quite a few tickets available for the final Blaisdell show on Saturday. The Maui concert is sold out.
                        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Is the DVD basically the show they showed on NBC? Or is thier more added? How long is it?

Flickr

Comment

RE: The Eagles - Farewell 1 Tour - Live From Melbourne Concert DVD

Originally posted by alohabear
                            Is the DVD basically the show they showed on NBC? Or is thier more added? How long is it?
                            Roger that. Same as the network broadcast. I believe it was ABC, not NBC.

They aired it on TV several weeks before the DVD release as a "teaser". I missed a portion of the TV broadcast, so not sure if it the entire DVD was aired. It seemed like most of it, or at least the "hits-of-hits". They even aired the SPECIAL FEATURES portion of the DVD where they interview Don, Joe, Glenn & Tim.

It was re-aired again several months later as well. They must have some sort of corporate sponsor helping their promotion.

The DVD is 175 minutes long (just under 3 hours)... wow!

Now go run to your local record store or discount warehouse and buy it!

Oh... and don't forget to hook up the surround sound system.
                            Last edited by Pomai; November 30, 2005, 08:34 AM. Reason: clarification
                            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I'll add it to my Christmas wish list

Flickr

Comment

The Eagles Farewell Concert Tour in Hawaii 2005

A review of the concert by the Honolulu Advertiser:
                                Eagles put on a classic show
                                Last edited by Pomai; November 30, 2005, 09:32 PM.
                                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
                                X