Rolling Stones in Concert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rolling Stones in April, too???

Any updates?? Stones websites are still posting Aloha and Blaisdell shows scheduled for April. They are rumors ,but have kicked up as of late for some reason.....

Comment

Thanksgiving with The Rolling Stones

Possibility is growing that The Rolling Stones will be coming in November.

The question in November could be how quickly it can be shifted in and out of rock'n'roll mode. Negotiations have begun for a Rolling Stones concert at Aloha Stadium the week of Thanksgiving.

"There's a good possibility" the Stones will play here after concluding their mainland tour in Los Angeles on Nov. 18, a source close to the situation said.
      This appears in the Sports section of today's S-B.

Baseball Not Long For Aloha Stadium

We've been discussing this here since early this morning....
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

a source close to the stones sez they are definitely coming.

Comment

They must be planning another world tour through Asia, then. I can't imagine they would have concerts in Hawai'i and not be on their way to someplace else, not with all their sets and entourage. Wonder what the tickets will cost?

My eardrums can't take that kind of music anymore...the last time I saw them live, I think the cheapest tickets were $75 (and that was almost 15 years ago). Can't imagine what the cheapest seats would cost now!

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

"Stones strolling into aloha stadium for a concert on thanksgiving day..."
            - Dave Lawrence, KPOI

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
              My eardrums can't take that kind of music anymore...the last time I saw them live, I think the cheapest tickets were $75 (and that was almost 15 years ago).
              dunno what they were bridges tour, but my ears can still take it mostly cuz it's open air stadium and big kine tailgate pahtay beforehand! wheee. my stomache can always take that!

Comment

Anybody interested going as a group? Party too? Open for suggestions.

Auntie Lynn
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Gotta take my daughter to the Stones....that's even bigger than U2

I saw them twice in 98...once at Waikoloa and then in Honolulu....used counterfeit back stage passes for the Waikoloa gig....totally looked like a Pepsi Dude....had the prime rib, the free drinks, and got into the concert no problem. Everything was grand until I ordered a Rum & "COKE" at the bar.....oooooppppppssssss

lol
                  FutureNewsNetwork.com
                  Energy answers are already here.

Comment

They're supposed to be here in Oct. too. Hold on to your paples, these are the prices they're asking for Seattle tickets at Qwest Field (also open air) through a consolidator.

$32,000 for a couple hours of music with 23 of your closest friends? (oh wait...parking is included ) . I'm sure food will cost extra.

Miulang
                    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Well, I sure can't afford $32,000. The rest I can. I going see The Rolling Stones by hook or by crook! Even if I gotta go on a date. Even if da bugga like eat my steak! NOT!!!

Hahahahahahaha.

Auntie Lynn
                      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                        I'm sure food will cost extra.
                        fodd cost ex... course! that's a given. basically a fourth of the reason for the event. celebrate with the braddahz. tailgate!
                        big feast and kegs!

Comment

I will say one thing - Hawaii has got the tailgate party down to a fine science

After my 3rd trip to the Pro Bowl, I stopped going into the stadium. The party in the parking lot is unlike anything I have ever seen at ANY football game on the mainland. (Raiders, 49ers, Chargers, Seahawks)

In Hawaii, the game sells out, but the seats stay empty. Too Funny.
                          FutureNewsNetwork.com
                          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

aint it da troot.
                            Often at warriors games we miss da kickoff. we say ainokea. fill up my stein one mo 'ghin, brah. dat hefeweisen is shaaaakaaah.
                            and ono grinds everyone brings. and tery dakine on da hibachi. too good fun.
                            At the stones bridges to babylon tour, we completely missed Johnny lang's set. heard him outside. was good enuff. having tooo much fun. a bunch of us met in one area and all lined up our cars and truck and set up da tents and beach chairs. after the stones, we hightailed it out and resumed our tailgate. most all of us soaked in da kine. and we got peechaz to prove it.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                              At the stones bridges to babylon tour, we completely missed Johnny lang's set. heard him outside.
                              Having seen the Stones many times, Johnny Lang was the reason I did decide to go to that concert. The kid rocked! Only disappointment was that his set wasn't shown on the giant screens, like the Stones were.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Rolling Stones headed to Hawaii?
                                A HONOLULU radio station is sticking to its story that the Rolling Stones are indeed rocking the town on Thanksgiving Day. KPOI-FM is reporting that the Stones will end their lengthy "A Bigger Bang" tour in Honolulu on Nov. 23. The station had no information on ticket prices or where the band would play... "We're closely connected with the rock 'n' roll community," said program director Ed Kanoi, "and a source close to the Stones (a tour booking agent on the mainland) called our deejay Dave Lawrence to confirm that the band was heading to Hawaii to wrap up the tour."

Comment

Working...
                                X