U2 4/8 Show POSTPONED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: U2 4/8 Show POSTPONED

Yup... per their website, the 2006 Honolulu Marathon will take place Dec. 10, the morning after the U2 concert.

Bummer... but good thing I'm not running the marathon!

Comment

Don't know how many U2 fans here are also Wahine Volleyball fans....UH is hosting the NCAA tournament regionals this year, and this would be (Provided they get this far, which is usually so) the second night of the tournament, and last Wahine home match of the year.

Comment

Re: U2 4/9 Show w/ Pearl Jam

OH YEAH !@!!!!!! PEARL JAM

I have not seen that band since Lalapalooza back in the 80's sometime when they were just gettin goin, and I was too young to notice through the thickness of the mushroom clouds. Oh the rockets red glare.

UH Volleyball on Friday night
        U2/Pearl Jam Saturday Night

December is only 5 months away. 155 Shopping Days till Christmas.

I gotta get go!n.
        FutureNewsNetwork.com
        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Anyone know the last time Pearl jam played in Hawaii? I do recall a 1992 show at Andrew's Amphitheatre.

Comment

Re: U2 4/9 Show w/ Pearl Jam

Originally posted by timkona
            OH YEAH !@!!!!!! PEARL JAM

I have not seen that band since Lalapalooza back in the 80's sometime when they were just gettin goin, and I was too young to notice through the thickness of the mushroom clouds. Oh the rockets red glare.

UH Volleyball on Friday night
            U2/Pearl Jam Saturday Night

December is only 5 months away. 155 Shopping Days till Christmas.

I gotta get go!n.
            Yeah those musta been some clouds considering PJ didn't emerge until after Temple of the Dog who recorded in early '91. Oh, and Lollapalooza also debuted in '91. And as far as I know, PJ only played on the '92 tour (along with Temple of the Dog).

Comment

Originally posted by tvguy
              Anyone know the last time Pearl jam played in Hawaii? I do recall a 1992 show at Andrew's Amphitheatre.
              I believe it was the two February '98 shows at MACC with Mudhoney. Yield tour, starting the South Pacific leg.

Sadly, I was living overseas and missed it.

Comment

Had to be 92 cuz i remember Red Hot Chili Peppers and Pearl Jam in the same day. Gotta check my watch. Maybe it's runnin slow.
                FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

U2 band update from their website:

http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1982

They're already in Abbey Road studios recording new tracks....for all we know, they might have another album out by the time they get here! We're about the 13th show into the "tour", so I know we'll hear some of these new tunes live.

Comment

U2 will be playing on ESPN before the Atlanta - New Orleans football game in the next few minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                      hooray...still got my tickets on the 40th row, center, behind GA
                      Suddenly dawned on me... why would you even step foot in an arena with bands like U2 and PJ?

Everything you preach on this board (violence, intolerance, etc.) is everything these bands are against. It'll be interesting to see how you react to the messages Vedder and Bono will be spouting...

You must have interesting interpretations of songs like "Rival" or "Glorified G."

Do you even know what these bands are about?
                      Last edited by dick; October 14, 2006, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Ah Dick...

You don't necessarily have to believe in what the Bands political beliefs are to enjoy their music.

I don't condone a lot of the stuff that Rappers believe in and/or participate in... however, I do like a lot of the songs.

I don't condone a Christian Rap Group because they have lyrics that are about God.... etc.

You don't have to speak Hawaiian and/or be Hawaiian to enjoy Hawaiian Music....etc.

Music is a great venue that allows one to get out of their own box sometimes.

I tripped out when I saw a teacher wearing a Bob Marley shirt at a Grocery Store one time.

Besides... maybe TK will have some chill pills before the concert
                        Last edited by damontucker; October 14, 2006, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Well Dick, since you asked <<smiles wickedly

As a staunch RepubliCRAT, I get 41 mpg because it's good for the environment AND I try to limit my sponsorship of Islamo-fascists through oil profits.

I also have solar H20 on my house. Save the Humans.

It's very 'intolerant' to accuse somebody of political incorrectness, so I interpret much of the left's philosophy as the more intolerant side of the political coin. It's also quite intolerant to justify murder based on religion.

I oppose race based decision making, be it OHA or Aff. Action, because it is not rooted in motivating success, but rather in enabling failure.

I think it's fine if two men love each other, and if children pray in school a little. Lord knows I prayed a couple times right before a chemistry test. The latter is especially true before a football game.

Your level of propaganda driven dogma is fascinating to a critical thinker like myself. It is the political polarization of America that is tearing at the hem of her skirt like a thread caught in a revolving door. You Dick, represent a portion of the momentum that keeps the door turning. The Culture Wars finest.

Oh yeah, U2 ROCKS !!! SO DOES PEARL JAM !!
                          FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Thanks for the laugh...

Getting back to topic (its derailment to which I contributed...) I wonder if the PJ show at the Stadium will be truncated since there's a full tour-final show now a week earlier?

Comment

The write-up indicated that the performance prior to U2 was indeed going to be just a portion of their usual program. I'd love to go to their "full show," but I think a Pearl Jam appetizer plus a full serving of U2 will be satisfying enough!

Comment

Has anyone heard if The Bus is running express shuttles to and from the show? I checked TheBus.org and there's nothing on there about transportation to the U2 show.

Comment

Working...
                                X