Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cecilio or Kapono?

Originally posted by alohabear
    Speaking of them together what the hell happened after they did Nightmusic? They never did that well( except for the tracks Life's Different Now and Goodbye)after that last "good" album.
    "Summerlust" & "Goodtimes Together" had a couple decent tracks on them. Other than that, it's been mostly live recordings or compilation city for the boys. Now, there are the two live "reunion" CDs (& DVD), which include one track sung in `olelo Hawai`i: "O Makalapua."

Comment

Regarding Kapono not playing C&K covers at Dukes...
      Originally posted by kimo55
      the crowd, format and his agreement with duke's mangement dictates that. before he wen close up da aloha tower location, of course, he played it all. sure miss that place.
      His agreement must have changed. Yesterday was the first time I EVER heard Kapono play C&K material at Dukes!

As soon as I heard it from the hotel lobby entrance, I practically ran in anticipation to see if Cecilio was there, but nope. It was his band singing back-up. I got there after 5pm, and at that point he was in the middle of GOTTA' GET AWAY. He then did LIFETIME PARTY, then moved on to other stuff. I'm assuming he played a few others C&K songs before I got there. Even the tourists were really into it! Hopefully he'll keep adding the C&K classics to his Duke's playlist.
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

According to Henry's website, C & K will be touring this fall!

Cecilio & Kapono will be on tour September through November 2006!
        Dates & locations will be posted shortly! Watch for C&K in your area!

Big Island
        Maui
        Kauai
        Oahu
        Southern California- multiple locations
        Northern California- multiple locations
        Seattle
        Las Vegas
        Japan: Tokyo, Osaka, Kanagawa, Nagoya, Chiba

And More! - Stay tuned!
        * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
        - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Working...
        X