Rockstar: Supernova

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rockstar: Supernova

I've been watching it nearly every week. I didn't have a favorite at the beginning or now. I think Dilana will get it just because she hasn't ever been in the bottome three, I don't think. I would have wanted a Grace Slick type voice in a Dilana-type singer, I guess. Frankly, I'm just not liking anyone in particular. Now, last season's winner, JD Fortune, I liked him from the start.

Peace.

Comment

I don't get Dilana shooting herself in the foot by repeatedly bashing the others ~ she must know that what she says is going to be aired in front of everyone and that it wouldn't make her look good. I would not have guessed it in the beginning but it's starting to look like it's between Ryan and the Aussie guy.

Comment

Maybe they like the Rock star B***H image ??
        Since when is psycho a bad thing??
        Sharing withother survivors...
        www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Dilana is an absolutely wonderful performer. I love her voice and I love her attitude, but I really think that the latter will eventually determine whether or not the boys want her in the band.

Nobody likes working with a bitchy diva. I see her cutting it on her own. I just don't think she'd be a good fit with the group.
          Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
          We're not here to mess around
          Boston, you know we love you madly
          Hear the crowd roar to your sound
          Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
          You know we couldn't live without you
          Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

I like Storm. I said early on she's wrong for the band, but she's got enough spunk for going solo, so I'm glad she's off 'cause she's now got the exposure but the freedom to do what she wants.

But why Lukas is still on this show just boggles my mind. That twerp is practically the very definition of poseur. He's a cartoon character. He's a 10th grade sophomore with eye makeup who writes rock songs for his mom. That he's in the final set for next week is just incredible.

I mean, Ryan Starr? He wasn't exactly awesome but he was still twice as talented as Lukas. But he was tossed last week. My wife actually bought Ryan Starr's original song as performed a couple of weeks ago. It's pretty damn good!

Comment

I agree. Maybe Storm isn't "right" for Supernova but I can't believe she went before Lukas did.

Comment

I have to vote for my home town Canadian boy Lukas! His performance this week was awsome. His original song was catchy, and his version of living on a prayer was original and sounded great.
                Dreaming of the sun from Canada

Comment

I caught the last episode. I think the Aussie guy has the best overall chance to win at this point. Yea, and that dood Lucas...why's he still on? His "I have strep so I can't sing" voice drives me up the wall, I can get pass the getup but that voice...uggh.

Comment

I liked Storm. Can't stand Dilana's self-conscious posing and strutting. Ugh.

I guess the boys didn't want a singer who would take too much attention away from them. They'll probably pick the Aussie guy. Nice, sings well, non-threatening.

Comment

I liked Storm's original song. Toby's song was pleasant but sort of "fluffy" and not very memorable for me (other than his tagline which the audience could sing to). I think Supernova really likes anyone willing to run around naked especially if cameras are rolling and Toby would probably be best for attracting fans at least initially based on his having a fun personality, being attractive and being a good singer.

Comment

I liked Dilana's original, I think Tommy did too

Comment

Storm goes back to "Storm and her Dirty Mouth" so that leaves...

Lukas the Goth Hobbit. He can sing, he can perform, but he could never outshine the established "Stars"...which could be all the more reason for him to be picked.

Toby the Punter. Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi! I secretly suspect he was a cheerleader of some sort. Opposite of Lukas in that he COULD overshadow the "Stars"...points off for that.

Dilana <sp> Still looks and sounds like five miles of rough road. Her voice has worn out it's appeal on me, and I suspect that with her style she'd blow her voice after a week on the road. And is it me or is she shrinking? Evan Lukas is taller and I call him a hobbit! Maybe some curse put on her by Stevie Nicks...

this leaves...

Magni the Rock Star from....Iceland. He can sing, he can play, he connects enough with the audience without overshadowing the rest of the band (ala David Lee Roth). The nice safe pick. Call the embassy and get his work permit, he's in!

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle
                            I liked Dilana's original, I think Tommy did too
                            heh, yeah but I don't recall Dilana's song making Tommy (and Gilby) grunt enthusiastically in lieu of words

Comment

Originally posted by Adri
                              heh, yeah but I don't recall Dilana's song making Tommy (and Gilby) grunt enthusiastically in lieu of words
                              HA! This is true. I really think Tommy just wants ta...you know...

You can tell who the favorites are!

Comment

so the finale is coming up soon.

We have the final four: Hakuna Matata, whats-his-face from Down Under, the Jasmine Trias of Iceland, and the chick from outer space.

who is it going to be?

I think either Dilana or Lukas makes it into the final two, but not both of them. Either Magni or Toby makes it into the final two but not both of them.

pax

Comment

Working...
                                X