Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rockstar: Supernova

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o
    I think either Dilana or Lukas makes it into the final two, but not both of them. Either Magni or Toby makes it into the final two but not both of them.
    Good call! ... because, it's a tough call!

Dilana certainly seems to have fallen out of favor with the audience, I mean, even after her injury did not prevent her from totally rocking out. I was impressed -- she's a trouper, I thought! ... I've been sort of on the fence about Lukas, but HATED his performances of those two songs (as did my 16 year old daughter), but America voted and he was SAFE?!

I'm torn between Toby and Magni ... both have good strong traits, that if combined, would make choosing the winner a no-brainer for me.
    I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

I'm kind of hoping that Toby wins because he seems like he'd fit in well with the band and, imo, he probably would not do quite as well without the band. I hope Magni takes all the exposure he got on this and takes off on his own solo career without the limitations that being part of Supernova would place on him.

Comment

In the first post on this thread on August 10, I predicted that Lukas would win and Dilana would be second.
        Get prize?

Any wrap-up thoughts and comments on the outcome?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

As it winded down, I found myself rooting for Dilana. She was the strongest performer throughout the season (the only non-chicken-skinning experience and yeah, that's a verb) was her cheap trick cover. Lukas was interesting, Magni was an endearing island boy (couldn't you tell he is an island boy? He voted nobody off the island in his behavior) and toby is uhforgettable, that's what he areeeee.

Why do you think Lukas got in over Dilana? Was he really more talented?

pax

Comment

I think the boys in the band said that they were listening to their fans and picked Lukas because he had the highest number of votes.

Comment

Originally posted by Adri
              I think the boys in the band said that they were listening to their fans and picked Lukas because he had the highest number of votes.
              *sigh* those same little goth 12 yr olds running up their mommies' verizon bills...

pax

Comment

Like the previous ROCK STAR they picked a guy and always will. Why do they even let the women enter when the band's are not even looking for a female singer? Maybe when they make Rock Star: Pussycat Dolls to replace Nicole will it make sense to have a woman go that far.
                Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                Flickr

Comment

I watched the final pick! (kids were asleep for a change) I can't figure out why they picked Lukas except I think Dilana was just too much for the band.
                  They are too big to have a newcomer outshine them!

It also seemed to me and my husband that there was some tension over the decision from the band members. I don't think everyone was happy with it.

Now I will not be buying their CD I will wait to see how Dilana does with help from the guys.
                  Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                  Sharing withother survivors...
                  www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle
                    I watched the final pick! (kids were asleep for a change) I can't figure out why they picked Lukas except I think Dilana was just too much for the band.
                    They are too big to have a newcomer outshine them!

It also seemed to me and my husband that there was some tension over the decision from the band members. I don't think everyone was happy with it.

Now I will not be buying their CD I will wait to see how Dilana does with help from the guys.

In your opinion, who in the band wanted D vs L?

pax

Comment

From the very first episode, Lukas had the "it" factor -- stage control, charisma, attitude, look, etc. The "star" appeal. The others all looked like garage band singers in comparison, though several improved as the show went on. Most of them were just too sorta-wholesome and All-American Whitebread to front a band like SuperNova. (But somebody please give Sayra and Star my home phone, k? Yummy!)
                      The SuperNova boys also said several times that none of the three of them were frontmen and that what they were looking for was a "very strong frontman".
                      Gilby and Tommy have that heavy-metal image, and Lukas was the only one who matched that. (Jason has no image at all. He's just... there. All the personality and charisma of a rock. Not a rock star, just a rock.)
                      Somewhere around the third episode, Lukas nailed a performance that absolutely stole the show, and Dave Navarro and the SuperNova boys all said (on camera) "Lukas, you ARE a SuperNova." I would bet big money that they've known since then that Lukas would be the final choice.
                      And I disagree with those of you who think there was disagreement among the SuperNova boys last night as to who to pick. If it seemed that way, it was an act. It was an attempt to draw out the drama. The big buildup to the final announcement. Nothing more. (See paragraph above.)
                      As to why Lukas over Dilana... it's not that a female couldn't get the pick. Instead, I think that whole drama over the past few weeks of Dilana flaming the others may have been part of the reason she didn't get it. Who wants to have a Drama Queen in their group? And she was losing her voice and going hoarse a couple of times during the run of the show, so there are questions about the durability of her pipes over the run of a long tour. That said, I really do love that Janis Joplin voice of hers!
                      But Lukas had the job all along.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

In your opinion, who in the band wanted D vs L?
                        In my opinion...I think Tommy really wanted Lukas and I think Gilby wanted Dilana and I couldn't tell with Jason. To me it seemed like more of a Tommy decision. But that's just me. Gilby seemed disappointed. Who knows?
                        Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                        Sharing withother survivors...
                        www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Well, Jason's off the tour, and could be out of commission for up to nine months. He reached to catch a bass head falling off his amp and now needs surgery to repair the anterior labrum, rotator cuff, and biceps in his right arm.

Check out the story and some good quotes at Blabbermouth.net.
                          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
                          X