Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Most UNfavorite pieces of lyrics

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
    My inner grammar-nazi always cringes at this lyric from Paul McCartney's "Live And Let Die":

In this ever-changing world in which we live in

Three "in"s, Paul, and yerrrrrrr out!
    bawahahahahahahaa!!!!! This is the funniest thing I've read in a while....

pax

Comment

Originally posted by SouthKona
      I don't know if you've ever had the pleasure of seeing Debbie Harry in an interview where she takes credit for being the "first" white artist to do rap. I'll just leave it at that....
      I don't know about that.... I'd give the credit to the MONKEES for that one for the track "ZILCH" from their brilliant 1967 "headquarters" Album. There was no beat,just vocals, but I would definitely consider it Rapping.

That being said...Debby Harry was still ahead of the curve in that respect.
      http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
      Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
      Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by SouthKona
        ...Debbie Harry in an interview where she takes credit for being the "first" white artist to do rap.
        She may take the credit, and it was the first hit to feature a white person rapping, but some feel the credit should go instead to another recording from 1980: "Funkin' For My Mama's Rent" by Gary Fabulous & Black Slack. Fabulous was white, and Black Slack was an offshoot of George Clinton's Parliament-Funkadelic mob. Better credentials than Blondie, for certain.

Comment

Working...
        X