Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Most Disastrous Albums of all time

Originally posted by akrauth View Post
    Check it out and you'll see why. Go to amazon.com and search for it. The album itself is titled "Iz." Let me know what you think.
    Yes, I have to say that Iz is the most disastrous albums of all time and it is not from Iz Kamakawio'ole. Its by another artist.
    Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

I vote for anything still at Tower Records. If it can't sell even with a 70% discount.....

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Jeff View Post
        I will BOLDLY predict that the as yet not released Guns & Roses "Chinese Democracy" will go down in music business history as the most expensive and creative flop of all time. G N R was a great example of the sum being greater than the parts. Axl + hired hands = meh.
        Originally posted by Marshall Field View Post
        What? No GN'R "Chinese Democracy"? Over 10 years in the making. Millions of dollars spent. A rotating cast of characters. Paxil Rose. Anybody else smell the sulfur-like stench of a rotten egg?
        From Billboard.com ---
        Axl Rose has taken to Guns N' Roses' official Web site to announce a "tentative" March 6 release date for the band's eternally delayed new album, "Chinese Democracy." In the posting, Rose also revealed he has split with longtime manager Merck Mercuriadis due to disagreements over the set up for the album release. "To say the making of this album has been an unbearably long and incomprehensible journey would be an understatement," Rose said of "Chinese Democracy," which has been in the works for more than a decade.

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
          I vote for anything still at Tower Records. If it can't sell even with a 70% discount.....
          Well, as has been discussed in the other thread, the fact that the masses don't seem to know about it does not make it a "disaster." That T Bone Burnett album is one of the best albums I've heard in ages, and there were six of them on the shelf when I left Saturday.

And since NONE of the albums mentioned above was still on the shelves (no wait -- maybe that Happy Mondays one was there; I know I saw at least one Happy Mondays title), it would seem that the masses like crap.

As for Chinese Democracy, I'd normally be quick to join the chorus of early haters, but a review of a GnR concert a couple of years ago had me rethinking. The review basically said that despite most of his shows being lackluster, this particular show was terrific. The reviewer concluded that "it seems Axl can still do what he used to do; he just has to care."

I am not going to forget what Guns n Roses did for radio in the late 80s, and I certainly won't forget what it did for me. Appetite for Destruction is a masterpiece, and the other early albums weren't far off. I was no fan of Use Your Illusion, but I can't deny the band had serious chops all over the mix (especially Slash). In any case, Axl was a big part of that, and I think it's conceivable that Chinese Democracy, if and when it ever makes its appearance, could be mind-blowingly good. I wouldn't BET on it, but I won't bet against it, either.

Remember that when eight years had passed before we saw Boston 3 (the album that was eventually released as Third Stage), people had pretty much written that off, too. And while I didn't think it matched up to the earlier releases (too many slow songs!), it was definitely a worthy follow-up. I'm interested in hearing the new Guns N Roses album when it comes out and might even buy it, depending on the early reviews.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
          X