• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: U2: Ru Going?

http://www.u2.com/news/
    just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

The PJ show was good, but truncated. The Blaisdell show was one of the best I've seen. At U2 they had to keep the set to an hour, so a lot of the songs were played short. Crazy Mary and Even Flow usually run close to 10 minutes each with extended solos. I saw them sound checking Vedder's ukulele, and Ament's upright, but they were never used... sadly... and no encore. So much for the "full set" theory. At least McReady and Vedder came up again for Rockin'...

But I guess some guy standing next to me said it best when I said, "That's it?" and he puts his hand on my shoulder and says, "dude, they're an opening act." Which pretty much summed it up.

Comment

Kijimuna, i like those first two pics! very nice; thanks for sharing!
        525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Turns out Bill Gates was in the audience...best seats in the house, I s'pose! Sir Gates and Sir Bono (don't know about the rest of U2) were whisked away to Ford Island to shower and change before boarding a private plane back to the mainland. The island was abuzz with security. My friend who lives on F.I. attended the concert and when I spoke to her right before she and her husband left home for the concert the decibel level and pitch of her voice were beyond recognition from excitement! When they got back to the island and saw that something was, indeed, going on, she dropped husband off at home and returned to the area under heavy guard. Security was sworn to secrecy but friend is a producer so she knows how to get the answers she needs. Once she realized who was inside while she was outside, she called her husband to bring the kids. Out walked Gates and Bono. Friend squealed, jumped up and down and waved like a star-struck kid while 16 yo daughter was more than embarrassed over her mom's behavior. The limo(s?) passed by them and they were able to see inside perfectly. Friend kept up her star-struck behavior and Bono rolled down the window and waved back!

So...here it is...Monday. She's telling me the story over lunch and the decibel level and pitch of her voice head in the same direction as pre-concert! She was still giddy! It's so funny to see someone who is used to working with celebrities become star-struck! And she even admits to it!

I think the same thing happened to me once when I saw Fess Parker!

Comment

Originally posted by na alii View Post
            It's a DSC-P92. Here's a link to the specs for the camera.
            Thanks for clearing that up. Now I at least know what kind of small camera I should someday get and perhaps take into a venue to get some kind of decent photo. Seems the key would be in the optical zoom range, high ISO if possible, sensitivity to low light and of course small size, and hopefully come decently close to what one could get if a DSLR could be brought in.
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Kijimuna View Post
              The guy that got pulled from the audience to play "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses" on keyboard:
              Ah, Bono...
              Seems like you were closer up and on the ground level with the stage. What kind of camera did you use to shoot your photos?
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Your story is funny Tutu.

The world's media reported Mr Gates in Australia for the Millenium New Years back in 2000.....??????

But it turns out that some folk on the Big Island saw him up north at one of the hotels.

A shadow existence is easy when the price is right.
                FutureNewsNetwork.com
                Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by shaveice View Post
                  holy shinto! that's another GREAT shot!!! i'm sure the temptation is to say "what a great camera" but i'm guessing that in your case, it'd be like saying of federer, "wow! that tennis racket he's using is awesome!!!"

please tell me that you set your camera to manual and adjusted the shutter speed, etc.
                  This camera is a point and shoot so there is no manual shutter speed or aperature setting.
                  It does have different program modes. I had it set to "Program" mode.

Comment

Does anyone know what hotel U2 stayed at, I'm kind of surprised they flew back home after the concert. It's not as if they had another gig to go to??

KalihiBoy

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
                      Does anyone know what hotel U2 stayed at, I'm kind of surprised they flew back home after the concert. It's not as if they had another gig to go to??
                      That's just it... they were PAU with the tour. After staying in hotels for that long, why not jump on the private jet and hightail it home?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                        Seems like you were closer up and on the ground level with the stage. What kind of camera did you use to shoot your photos?
                        I was in GA, against the barricade, stage center at 50 yard line.
                        Camera is Canon PowerShot SD630 (digital elph).

Comment

Kijimuna what mode was your camera on? Auto?
                          just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

Originally posted by na alii View Post
                            This camera is a point and shoot so there is no manual shutter speed or aperature setting.
                            It does have different program modes. I had it set to "Program" mode.
                            one of my point and shoot cameras is a fuji f30 and it has manual controls but i understand what you're saying. you got some great shots. thanks again for sharing!
                            525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Originally posted by jkpescador View Post
                              Kijimuna what mode was your camera on? Auto?
                              I fiddled with it a lot during Rocko's set, until I found what seemed to work best - Manual, ISO HI, and flash was set to Auto.

Comment

That was a good idea for you to practice on the opening act. One of the nice things about digital. You get instant results and adjust accordingly.
                                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X