Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Island Rumors Band

Originally posted by YoungNeil View Post
    John McVie lives in Honolulu (seen him around at Barnes and Noble at Kahala)
    If he does, it's an extremely recent move. He visits here often, but prefers Maui. Used to own a condo there.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Re: Island Rumours Band

MAUI BEAT: Island Rumours have it
      Mick Fleetwood’s got a brand new band
      “I’ve planned to come home and roost here since about 1973,” Fleetwood says. “I had land in Olinda, and I often behaved like a bad rock star, and all of that went by the wayside. I had a longtime pipe dream that got pushed off the tracks. Sadly, years ago in the crazy days of buying real estate all over the world, there was a crash and I got whacked really badly and I sold everything to keep a place in Australia. The whole thing was insane. I was suitably anesthetized to everything and like an idiot, I truly didn’t realize I had sold the land in Olinda, where I had planned to retire. But John had a house here that I found, that I’m now living in, in Napili, and my wife and I moved here slowly over the last two and half years.”

Comment

Re: Island Rumors Band

Interesting, Ryan. Thanks.
        Still no answer about John living in Honolulu, though. John bought the house in Maui in the early to mid 1980s. He'd always had a dream of sailing his own boat to Hawaii, and finally did it. When the boat arrived at Lahaina, he couldn't find a place for he and his crew to stay (a convention had all the rooms booked), so he bought the house that same day, with the condition that they could stay in it beginning that night.
        Lifestyles of the rich and famous, indeed.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
        X