Van Halen reunites with Roth for tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Van Halen tour postponed

Knew either this was too good to be true, or hell has not yet frozen over and the boys still can't get over whatever past disagreements they have had.

http://pollstar.com/news/viewnews.pl?NewsID=7687

Van Halen On Hold
    Updated 12:38 PST Tue, Feb 20 2007
    It's true. The Van Halen tour that was never officially announced is now officially postponed indefinitely, sources told Pollstar.
    The rumored tour took on an air of reality after a trade magazine announced that original singer David Lee Roth was about to sign on the dotted line, and that was soon followed by a press release via Eddie Van Halen’s spokeswoman-slash-girlfriend.
    Unfortunately, the worldwide frenzy of a VH reunion was too good to be true, at least for the present day.
    However, there was a lot of paper getting inked and Pollstar understands that a tour announcement might not have been far off.

Comment

Re: Van Halen reunites with Roth for tour

I just got the email on this too.

Man, these guys always do this to me, Get my hopes up, then squash them at the last moment. I hope the reasons are more than just Eddie's and David's ego's colliding.......AGAIN.

You see ?? THIS is why I'd rather go see a Spice Girls concert

DD
      www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

Now we get a hint of why it all fell apart...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...wsitemID=68446

Publicist Janie Liszewski of High Profile Media has sent the following statement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET from VAN HALEN guitarist Eddie Van Halen:

"I would like VAN HALEN fans to know how much I truly appreciate each and every one of you. Without you there is no VAN HALEN.

"I have always and will always feel a responsibility to give you my best. At the moment I do not feel that I can give you my best. That's why I have decided to enter a rehabilitation facility to work on myself, so that in the future I can deliver the 110% that I feel I owe you and want to give you.

"Some of the issues surrounding the 2007 VAN HALEN tour are within my ability to change and some are not. As far as my rehab is concerned, it is within my ability to change and change for the better. I want you to know that is exactly what I'm doing, so that I may continue to give you the very best I am capable of.

"I look forward to seeing you in the future better than ever and I thank you with all my heart."

Comment

This had to have been an odd experience for Sammy and Michael...

Van Halen inducted in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Only Van Halen's second lead singer, Sammy Hagar, and ex-bass player Michael Anthony turned up for their induction. Guitarist Eddie Van Halen has just gone into rehab and original lead singer David Lee Roth stayed away in a tiff over what he would perform.

Hagar said he wished his bandmates could be there, but "it's out of our control."

"It's hard for Mike and I to be up here to do this, but you couldn't have kept me away from this with a shotgun," Hagar said.
          It goes on to say that DLR was also present, but forfeited his invitation to perform with house band Velvet Revolver out of indecision on song selection.

Gosh, Eddie must have been pulling his hair out having to sit this out in rehab.

So which singer did VH sell more albums with? DLR or Sammy? We all know the Cherone album was a flop.
          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

This was really sad. Not only were all the band members there, but the induction speech by Velvet Revolver sounded like it was written just prior to the speech. Then they simply butchered the two Van Halen songs they played. Then the two guys who weren't going on tour this year got up to perform and did a pretty good rendition of "Why Can't This Be Love"....how ironic! The awards show overall was not very good.

Comment

Oh well...........at least we can remember the good old days when Eddie Van Halen was God......

Here's a clip of him jamming with Jan Hammer and Tony Levin...........

DD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntJKtEy5KUc
              www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

I think they sold more and were more successful with Hagar, but factors could have helped those figures out because I think you could have bought most of the Hagar albums on audio cassette/CD/Record. I dont think during the Roth years you could buy the CD's, this could cause an increase in sales quite possibly. I do believe 1984 and For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge debuted number one on Billboard.

KalihiBoy

Comment

Originally posted by tvguy View Post
                  This was really sad. Not only were all the band members there, but the induction speech by Velvet Revolver sounded like it was written just prior to the speech. Then they simply butchered the two Van Halen songs they played. Then the two guys who weren't going on tour this year got up to perform and did a pretty good rendition of "Why Can't This Be Love"....how ironic! The awards show overall was not very good.
                  Not too big a surprise seeing as Sammy and Michael have been touring together on and off for the past 3 years. Last year Sammy toured with his band the Waboritas, playing half the show with them and the second half with "The Other Half" with Michael Anthony & David & Vic from the Wabos, doing a set of Hagar era Van Halen songs. Since the first falling out with the bros Van Halen, Sammy has put out 4-5 cds and toured pretty much every year, and putting on progressively bigger productions (thanks to promo ties to his Cabo Wabo brand tequila...pretty good stuff BTW).

So Sam & Mikey have been going what musicians do, making & playing music.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
                    but factors could have helped those figures out because I think you could have bought most of the Hagar albums on audio cassette/CD/Record. I dont think during the Roth years you could buy the CD's, this could cause an increase in sales quite possibly.
                    Wouldn't this instead inflate the sales of the Roth-era albums? When CDs became the standard, lots of people bought albums for the second time, so they could have them on disc.
                    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
                      What a friggin baby EVH is. He's HOW old and he's pulling this crap? Scew him and his dumbass striped guitars and silly overalls.
                      He is 51 years old. He looks like he's been rode hard and put away wet. I thought NO ONE could look worse than Keith Richards until I saw EVH on TV last night. OMG.

I hear he's back in rehab again.

Comment

Originally posted by DiverDown808 View Post
                        Oh well...........at least we can remember the good old days when Eddie Van Halen was God......

Here's a clip of him jamming with Jan Hammer and Tony Levin...........

DD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntJKtEy5KUc
                        Alrighty. Now I remember what Valerie Bertinelli saw in him.

Comment

yep it is too bad they can't get along,I think Sammy Hagger has the better voice,Eddy has too big of a ego.Alot of bands broke up because of EGO"s

Comment

Re: Van Halen reunites with Roth for tour - Live Press Conference

Well, the press conference was live on VH1 Classic this morning, and as usual, Dave stole the show. Their website went up at the same time as the live announcement and has them playing all the big cities in North America. They did mention heading to Europe, Japan, and Australia, so hopefully they'll stop by the island as well. Interested to see what the reviews of the shows are like. Apparently Wolfgang Van Halen, who grew up listening to the the music picked out the 25 classic VH songs that they'll play on tour.

Comment

Said it before and I'll say it again...there is no reunion without Michael Anthony.

Look at the tour date page on van-halen.com. Notice the album covers on the sides of the page? Look at the cover for Van Halen 1 and Women and Children First. Who's that in the lower right hand corner of VH1? And on WACF the band photo is missing altogether.

Revisionist history? Shame on them...

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Jeff View Post
                                Said it before and I'll say it again...there is no reunion without Michael Anthony.

Look at the tour date page on van-halen.com. Notice the album covers on the sides of the page? Look at the cover for Van Halen 1 and Women and Children First. Who's that in the lower right hand corner of VH1? And on WACF the band photo is missing altogether.

Revisionist history? Shame on them...
                                Looks like I wasn't the only one who took exception, the VH1 cover is back to it's original with Wolfie out and MA back in the lower right corner.
                                Last edited by Fat Jeff; August 14, 2007, 03:11 PM. Reason: more info added

Comment

Working...
                                X