The Most Annoying Songs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Most Annoying Songs

My all time most annoying song is the "Closing Time" song that played at last call in pretty much every club I ever gigged in for 5 years.
    Don't be mean,
    try to help.

Comment

if we are going to go there, I would like to toss in the majority of Robi Kahakalaaauu's and Keali'i Youknowwho's songs into the bin. And Hawn Style Band. Fill that black trash bag up!
      Last edited by Pua'i Mana'o; April 24, 2007, 03:17 PM.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by jdub View Post
        My all time most annoying song is the "Closing Time" song that played at last call in pretty much every club I ever gigged in for 5 years.

On the flipside.....
        JDub...as artists and songwriters ourselves, we should ALL be so lucky as to have an annoying song like Closing Time that garners that much airtime at pubs, and events around the world.

The Semisonic guy that wrote that song annoyed us all the way to the bank, then up to his big fat house on the hill.

Give me the luck of writing one annoying song that sells millions, I'll take it any day.
        http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
        Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
        Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Lovin' You - Minnie Ripperton

That high note is like nails on a chalkboard for me.

Comment

Anything by Sanjaya :P

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
              It's not as bad as Lovers and Friends
              OMG I HATED THAT DAMNED SONG. Seriously. I wanted to shoot ther radio every time I heard it.

And the same goes for "Rock and Roll part 2", otherwise known as that idiotic "Hey!" song that they play at hockey games.
              "Luke, help me take this mask off. Just for once, let me look at you with my own eyes. No, it turns the other way, Luke. To the left. No, to your left. Push down and twist. Line up the little arrows. Never mind, I'll do it."

Comment

Originally posted by Keanu View Post
                I Can't Stand "Kiss Me" by Sixpence None the Richer. Everytime I hear that song, I feel like slapping someone in the face with my slipper.

This made me laugh hysterically! I use this song as a form of torture and sing it over and over again if my husband does something that deserves more than da stink eye. He disliked that song with such a fierce passion ever since the first time he heard it.
                I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
                  Lovin' You - Minnie Ripperton

That high note is like nails on a chalkboard for me.
                  When I was a kid hearing that song I always wondered what she was thinking when she sang: And everytime when we...ooooooooooooo...I'm so in love with you...

Talk about 70's flashback...There's Monty Python's Shaving Cream and the Vagina Song. And who does that song about a new pairk of roller skates: I got a brand new pair of roller skates...you got a brand new key.

And Spiders and Snakes.
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

"Brand New Key" is the name of the song about "a brand new pair of roller skates." Was a #1 hit by Melanie in 1972.

"Spiders & Snakes" was a top 20 hit for Jim Stafford in 1974.

The versions of "Shaving Cream" I am familiar with are the ones by Benny Bell, which was a reissue of a 1930s era record in 1975, and a remake by Dr. DeMento of the Dr. DeMento Radio Show.

Not familiar with anything by Monty Python.
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
                      COPACABANA - I like the beat.

I may get "hate mail" for this, but one local-type song which has annoyed me for years is LOVE AND HONESTY ......... "honestly." Too sappy!
                      I'll probably win on the hate mail count for this one: "Friends" by Cecilio and Kapono.

I didn't care for Barry Manilow years ago. My idea of a personal hell twenty years ago would have consisted of being trapped in a subway toilet with Barry Manilow recordings piped in on the PA system.

But I kinda like the guy now. Double hip surgery and still dancing (okay, shuffling) on top of a grand piano.

And "Copacabana" always had me singing along in spite of myself.

"And then the punches flew...and chairs were smashed in two...and there was blood and a single gunshot but just who shot who?"

:::embarrassed:::

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
                        I wonder what are some local songs you folks can't stand or find annoying? It can be a jingle, a tune , old , classic,etc. if not add to the above list.
                        Well, you hit on the nose on Exchange jingle, though I love the metallic-tasting juice.

The "Aloha Friday" song. It's now pushing all my buttons.
                        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
                          On the flipside.....
                          JDub...as artists and songwriters ourselves, we should ALL be so lucky as to have an annoying song like Closing Time that garners that much airtime at pubs, and events around the world.

The Semisonic guy that wrote that song annoyed us all the way to the bank, then up to his big fat house on the hill.

Give me the luck of writing one annoying song that sells millions, I'll take it any day.
                          Don't I know it. I think what makes these kinds of songs so annoying is that not only do they irk, we know that they're making someone else millions.
                          Don't be mean,
                          try to help.

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
                            I'll probably win on the hate mail count for this one: "Friends" by Cecilio and Kapono.

I didn't care for Barry Manilow years ago. My idea of a personal hell twenty years ago would have consisted of being trapped in a subway toilet with Barry Manilow recordings piped in on the PA system.
                            That still sounds like hell to me.
                            http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                            Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                            Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                              When I was a kid hearing that song I always wondered what she was thinking when she sang: And everytime when we...ooooooooooooo...I'm so in love with you...

Talk about 70's flashback...There's Monty Python's Shaving Cream and the Vagina Song. And who does that song about a new pairk of roller skates: I got a brand new pair of roller skates...you got a brand new key.

And Spiders and Snakes.
                              It's especially bad now that it's shown up in a couple of commercials.

One of those things come on, I'll dive across the room to get the remote so I can hit the mute button.

Didn't mind Spiders and Snakes so much, but when Short People came out, being somewhat altitude challenged, my life turned to hell.
                              Last edited by Peshkwe; April 25, 2007, 06:31 AM.

Comment

here's some mele-veeta for you, and no, I am not going to name them. Click as you mainline your insulin, if you dare.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hSydUKfG5U
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0Tzt...elated&search=
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0SWCkSBl-0
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpQRTjjaBYY

*crumbles to the floor from pancreatic shock*.....help....need....metal...or george clinton....bowwowwowugh...

pax

Comment

Working...
                                X