Shameless Self Promotion: Tikiyaki Orchestra CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shameless Self Promotion: Tikiyaki Orchestra CD

My husband almost actually put his mai tai on the tiki coaster! I said "ahhhhh - no - that's going to be worth big bucks someday....."

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      Let's see...trying to get back on topic...maybe Starbuck's will carry your CD?!
      Actually I was wondering about that place we held the HT Christmas party at.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
        Is the old Tick Tock restaurant still there in Toluca Lake? And how about The Smoke House, that famous classic steakhouse right across the street from the entrance to Warner Brothers?
        And I hope you and TutuSue both know that there's a Bob's Big Boy right here in Honolulu! Mmmmm... a Big Boy combo, add avocado, with a side of bleu cheese for the french fries and a big slice of their strawberry pie... Lord have mercy, I'm drooling on my keyboard.
        I'm sure this is all relevant to your CD... somehow...

Tick Tock...I don't think so.

Smokehouse, yes....I still haven't been, but I passed it the other day and thought "I really need to check that place out"

Big Boy in Honolulu ? Damn....

Food is relevant to my CD...food is relevant to ALL things.

How does one walk after eating the meal you describe ?

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
        My husband almost actually put his mai tai on the tiki coaster! I said "ahhhhh - no - that's going to be worth big bucks someday....."
        Big Bucks....hee hee

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
        Actually I was wondering about that place we held the HT Christmas party at.
        La Mariana....hmmm....
        http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
        Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
        Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
          La Mariana....hmmm....
          Is it still on the market? May be the right place for the venture discussed earlier in the thread.

Comment

Tick Tock...I don't think so.
            Too bad, Classic old place, and full of (you guessed it) clocks. It was on Barham Blvd., if memory serves (as it infrequently does). Maybe TutuSue will remember the place.

Smokehouse, yes....I still haven't been, but I passed it the other day and thought "I really need to check that place out"
            Oh yeah. Kinda dark inside, old-style leather banquettes, though of course that may have all changed since I was last there many decades ago. The thing I recall the most was their world-class garlic bread. Get a basket or two, if they still have!

Big Boy in Honolulu ? Damn....
            Yeah, right off the 78, near Tripler Hospital. PM me if you want me to send you a Big Boy Honolulu t-shirt or something!

How does one walk after eating the meal you describe?
            Silly man. One doesn't walk. One naps.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Re: Shameless Self Promotion Alert

Thank You Blue ! You should have left a little note in the paypal order, so I could have insured you got one with a PINK umbrella

Sales are surprisingly good so far. I'm getting orders everyday since I announced it's availability. That's with no magazine ads yet , just me and my big cyber-mouth

Mahalo again for ordering.
              I got a PINK UMBRELLA! You know it only took 2 days!?
              Mahalo!!
              Since when is psycho a bad thing??
              Sharing withother survivors...
              www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
                Mahalo!!
                Well, damn, ain't that the luck !

USPS is on their game this week.

Comment

Papoo's ? YES, still there.
                  Hmmm...that name doesn't ring a bell but I'm going back over 50 years!
                  The great thing about Burbank is alot of it's Mid Century Charm is still intact. BBB, looks exactly the same as it did when you lived there. All the Disney and Warner Bros types love thet history and so the neighborhood preserves aot of it.They even have Hot Rod night, and drive in/car service on Sunday Nights.
                  So car service is down to one night a week? I think that used to generate it's biggest revenue. Funny you should mention the Warners/Disney connection as my mom worked at Disney and my dad worked at Warner's during the time of my BBB memories!
                  My music placement guy talked to Starbucks music dept once, but not about the T.O. CD. I have considered pursuing them, as I think it would be a good Starbucks instore CD, but they're so big, I don't think I'd get very far....I mean, they dal with Paul McCartney ! I might still try tho'....that'd be a trip seeing my CD in there tho'.
                  If ya don't go to bat ya can't hit a home run!
                  Your little Grass Shack will be the perfect home for the CD...The Makaha Oceanfrontage is what this music is designed for.
                  I'll also sneak it in to my new "home office" and my car!
                  Too bad, Classic old place, and full of (you guessed it) clocks. It was on Barham Blvd., if memory serves (as it infrequently does). Maybe TutuSue will remember the place.
                  Tick Tock sounds very familiar but I don't recall going to any restaurant on Barham Blvd.
                  Oh yeah. Kinda dark inside, old-style leather banquettes, though of course that may have all changed since I was last there many decades ago. [...]
                  I loved the Smoke House. The last time I was there was...hmmm...1989. Are Dante's and Chadney's still around?
                  Yeah, right off the 78, near Tripler Hospital. PM me if you want me to send you a Big Boy Honolulu t-shirt or something![...]
                  I was aware there was a local BBB but have never been there. I don't think it occured to me that the 2 were related!

Whatta trip down Memory Lane!

Comment

I was aware there was a local BBB but have never been there. I don't think it occured to me that the 2 were related!
                    What?!? You've gotta go. Same building design as all the Big Boy's, same interior, same food (plus local items, of course)... the only thing missing is the old Big Boy comic books. Remember those? Anyway, go check it out, Tutu. Gift items at the cashier too -- t-shirts, caps, coffee mugs, Big Boy piggy banks, et al. And of course the full-size Big Boy statue inside the front doors!

Whatta trip down Memory Lane!
                    Yep, a worthwhile thread drift for some of us (including Tikiyaki). Glad you remembered the Smoke House, Tutu... now Tikiyaki will have to check it out. And Tiki, you and TutuSue and I should have lunch at Big Boy next time come to O`ahu. My treat.

Comment

What?!? You've gotta go. Same building design as all the Big Boy's, same interior, same food (plus local items, of course)... the only thing missing is the old Big Boy comic books. Remember those? [...] And Tiki, you and TutuSue and I should have lunch at Big Boy next time come to O`ahu. My treat.

Oh wow! I just did a google map and it's in the Mapunapuna area. I don't know how I've missed it as over the past few months I've spent more time than I cared to at Big Rock, Tile Mart and Moanalua Mortuary. I vaguely remember the comic books. IIRC, they were given to children to help occupy their time. Or, is my memory playing tricks...again?!

Yes...let's do lunch there!

Comment

Oh wow! I just did a google map and it's in the Mapunapuna area. I don't know how I've missed it as over the past few months I've spent more time than I cared to at Big Rock, Tile Mart and Moanalua Mortuary.
                        And I don't know how you missed seeing it every time you drove to and from Makaha to Kakaako and back, since BBB is right next to the freeway! Once you see it, you'll chide yourself soundly for having missed it all these years/decades.

I vaguely remember the comic books. IIRC, they were given to children to help occupy their time. Or, is my memory playing tricks...again?!
                        Your memory is spot on, m'dear.

Yes...let's do lunch there!
                        Okay, I'll have my people call your people, and they can take a meeting to schedule it. Nah. We can't do it until Tikiyaki comes here.
                        Presumably to accept his Hoku award.
                        (Thread drift? What thread drift?)

Comment

And I don't know how you missed seeing it every time you drove to and from Makaha to Kakaako and back, since BBB is right next to the freeway! Once you see it, you'll chide yourself soundly for having missed it all these years/decades.
                          I know how I missed it! I drive to and fro via Nimitz and the H1. I can't remember the last time I drove the 78 over Red Hill.
                          Your memory is spot on, m'dear.
                          <FAINT> <ggg>
                          Okay, I'll have my people call your people, and they can take a meeting to schedule it. Nah. We can't do it until Tikiyaki comes here.
                          Presumably to accept his Hoku award.
                          (Thread drift? What thread drift?)

Oh, I bet Tiki will try to hit Oahu before next June...or is it May?!!! Maybe BBB is a good place for an HT gathering...someone brings an iPod with Tiki's CD on it...and small, portable speakers. We'll pretend it's an old diner jukebox and let everyone else around us hear (back to the topic now...) his music...'til we get kicked out! Maybe we should have a few extra copies with us in case other customers would like to buy one! <g>

Seriously, La Mariana should play his CD as background music when live music isn't happening. I'd love to be dining at LM and hear that genre of music...a perfect combination!

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
                            Mahalo!!
                            I got mine after not checking my mail for a week! I got a green umbrella. The CD is already on my iPod and I've been playing it for the workmen while at Makaha. Tiki...it's PERFECT for Makaha!

And, what Fat Jeff said awhile back. The art work and creativity are wonderful. I think I'll frame the coaster...very cool! I'm a downloader at heart, rarely buying a CD anymore. But, Tiki's CD is not just another CD, it's a retro experience.

Congratulations, Tiki. Well done!

Comment

Mahalo Sue....

CD's are RETRO now...COOL ! How funny is that ?

Green umbrellas seem to be more rare....

I'm in Waikiki for a day and a half in August, following my 3 weeks of painting, building furniture, and decorating "Hale Tikiyaki" in Hilo.
                              Let me see how exausted I am.

I purposely gave myself a little Waikiki RnR time at the end of my trip. I'll let you guys know if I'm up for it.Funny, but I was kinda anti-Waikiki until my last trip, where I fell in love with the place. Hey, It's reminds me of LA, only with a REALLY AMAZING beach at the end of the street.
                              Bob's Big Boy in Honolulu sounds kinda fun for sure tho, that is if I'm not alseep on the beach.

Chili Spaghetti....YUMMM!!!

So, the CD works for Makaha ? Cool !

Comment

CD's are RETRO now...COOL ! How funny is that ?
                                Nah...I meant the music and the art work are reminiscent of a bygone era!
                                I'm in Waikiki for a day and a half in August, following my 3 weeks of painting, building furniture, and decorating "Hale Tikiyaki" in Hilo.
                                Let me see how exausted I am. [...]
                                I'm into my 11th week and am absolutely pooped! Think room service!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X