Jimmy Buffett concert "rules"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jimmy Buffett concert "rules"

OOPS! I meant "we" drank 12, not me by myself, though I did have more than my fair share ...the bf was driving!

We would have loved to have seen you, but unfortunately the high winds would have destroyed our tent if we had even tried to put it up. We ended up very lucky, because one guy in our party actually lived walking distance away, and volunteered to host the bbq. So we were protected from the weather for our pre party, which was great!

Heheheh...AlohaCandy, are you okay?
    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...what a great long weekend....2 nights with Jimmy, Jake and Henry...plus the FREE pre-concert party....can't get any better than that!! I'd have to say that the private concert was absolutely the best...especially with the FREE margaritas, beer and pupus (I love FREE!) plus we were within feet of the stage vs yards.

The pre-concert party at the Elks raised approx. $4500 for the 2 local charities (Hawaii Wounded Warrior Dog Program was one and I can't remember the other). We had people attending from all over the mainland, Canada and Australia and a trop-rock entertainer Scotty Bryan, who sadly just moved back to the mainland. Mai tais and beer were $2 so we had a good head start (and cheaper) before heading to the Shell.

Jimmy's new song "A Lot to Drink About" is great. Here's a bit of the lyrics: (from http://www.buffettnews.com/resources/songs/?song=663):

"Billionaires losing everything.
      Hey, welcome to the other side of life!
      There goes the yacht, there goes the Rolls,
      But, you get to keep your wife!
      And don’t forget the automakers
      swimming up stream like a trout.
      They let the shi* hit the fan
      and then they made a plan
      We’ve got a lot to drink about.

Refrain: It’s the price of oil,
      the war of the soil.
      Where’s your bucket for the big bailout?
      Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan,
      We’ve got a lot to drink about."

A great song to sing along to...just like so many of his others. And yes, that little girl that Lika mentioned was SUCH a cutie!! When my daughter was that age she loved singing and doing the motions to the "Fins" and "Volcano" songs. Now she's 17 and "too cool" for that...I give her a few years and she'll be back to joining in on all the craziness with Mom and Dad again!!

Hubby and I went over to Jimmy Buffett's at the Beachcomber after the concert and then stayed at the Beachcomber for the night (yeahh! no driving!!). Slept in and had brunch at the Oceanarium Restaurant at the Pacific Beach Hotel...then went home and slept some more! Definitely a weekend to remember! (waving "hi" to LN and still trying to find TG in the park)

Comment

Here's Jimmy's new song "A Lot to Drink About" from a Key West concert:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liN_ps9Vdbs

Comment

I put this first paragraph in the What's For Breakfast? thread:
          Had the breakfast buffett at Jimmy Buffett's At The Beachcomber, in the Ohana Waikiki Beachcomber hotel. Food was okay; service was excellent; plenty of tables available at 10am; 10% kama`aina discount brought the bill to $14; and also free valet parking (good for four hours).

But a bit more:
          Breakfast is out on the lanai, but I was able to go inside the restaurant and check it out. Nicer in person than the photos looked, and probably looks even better at night. Loved the 'river' running under the floor and on the bar counters. Nice little stage for the live entertainment.
          Walked across the hallway to Buffett's small "Honolulu Surfing Museum" which is right next to the hotel's pool and has a bar in it. Interesting stuff in the museum. Some very old surfboards and some very old guitars and ukuleles.
          Went downstairs to the Jimmy Buffett retail store. Spent lots of money. And they offer a 10% kama`aina discount too. And I was a bit surprised to see that the store opens directly into Liberty House Macy's next door.
          Walked down the block to the International Marketplace and wandered through it, looking for Auntie Pupule. No luck.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
          X